1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Superuser Permissions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RobStemen, Dec 23, 2009.

1. RobStemen

RobStemen Newbie

So I rooted my Droid and Superuser Permissions appeared. I looked up how to unroot and it just said to manually update to 2.0.1 (I was obviously up to 2.0.1 already) and I did, and I was hoping Superuser Permissions would disappear, but it didn't. Any tips?

2. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Android Enthusiast

i am currently, as we speak, in the process of rooting my phone. Why would you want to UNROOT it?

3. DroidJnkie

and can I ask where you learned to do it?

I am following the directions from here:

How to root the Motorola DROID - Know Your Cell

and after I reboot I'm NOT getting "Superuser access"

:mad:

4. RobStemen

RobStemen Newbie

@DroidJnkie It's an app that you have, and I want to unroot it because I have no use for it to be rooted.

5. DroidJnkie

I know it's an app that it's in your menu after you reboot. the problem is that "superuser" DOES NOT appear in my app menu after I reboot.

So, is there a link that you followed to root your phone??

6. sylent101

sylent101 Well-Known Member

yeah i want to unroot my droid too being that i have no idea what im doing i dont want to risk bricking it :) can anyone tell me how???

7. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!

I had the same problem with mine. I rooted it 3 times and it never took until I used the ZINX superuser file found HERE, then it worked the first time. I was using the tutorial and files found at ALLDROID but the root with their file would not take until I used that^ file and then I continued with the walkthrough at ALLDROID.

8. DroidJnkie

Yeah I did the same thing.

I am now rooted!!

9. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!

Cool..... now what?

10. DroidJnkie

Well now I can uninstall those crappy stock apps that are taking up precious space on the limited internal memory. Then I just might install 2.1 for kicks. Haven't decided yet but not having those crappy apps will be sweet!

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews