• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Superuser Permissions?

Did you flash a recovery ?? what version are you on, and was Rom are you running??

hey guys iv been having similar problems with superuser, only when i open it i get a completely black screen with the app title at the top that is all, no "SU Request" so i really stuck n dont know what to do

Upvote 0
hey guys iv been having similar problems with superuser, only when i open it i get a completely black screen with the app title at the top that is all, no "SU Request" so i really stuck n dont know what to do

If you try and open it, that is all that will ever happen. To use the su app, all you need to do is open a root only app and it will ask you for permissions. When it does that, superuser is the app that is being used to gain permissions to run that app. (It just works in the background until you need it) Hope that helped!

Upvote 0
i just checked super user, and at the bottom it says su binray voutdated? i clicked it and it said automatic update failed. error pccired, su was not updated, blah blah blah, zip file (su-2.3.1-bin-signed.ziphas been replaced. please reboot into recovery mode and flash it to update su binary. How do i flash it? I know to reboot i open up cmd, type in adb reboot recovery. then what? Please help!

Upvote 0
I am going to just throw my two cents into this thread even though it is fairly ancient at this point. You really do not need USB Debugging enabled for SuperUser to work. USB Debugging is really only needed for a select few apps, such as One-Click root apps, for example. The other purpose of it is, of course, to connect your device to your computer and run ADB with it.

I always leave USB Debugging turned off unless I explicitly need it for one of the above reasons and every root app that I have has always worked perfectly despite it being off. Leaving it turned on can be a slight security hazard if a malicious app has ADB root access. As for fixing SuperUser issues, I would try to download the SuperUser app from the Google Play Store again. Finally, make sure the SuperUser binaries are up to date within the app itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones