1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

superuser popup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RCope48, Dec 19, 2011.

1. RCope48

RCope48 Well-Known Member

Is there any way to stop a rooted app from displaying superuser privelages pop up banner, kind of annoying, am I missing something?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

does it do this all the time. it should ask for permission initially then after that you should be good to go.

3. theTrashcanMan

theTrashcanMan Well-Known Member

Go to the super user app, hit menu, preferences, at the bottom turn off notifications. You will now only see the notification the first time an app requests permission, you can turn that off too but I wouldn't.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

weird i never knew that. thanx. but i really never see it pop up more then once for me, unless i wipe dalvik cache and cache.

5. theTrashcanMan

I didn't either, until just the other day. Every time I would load handcent it would show a notification that su permission had been given and it finally annoyed me enough to make me go looking for a solution. :D:D

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Personally, I love the notification (unless I'm not paying attention and miss it;) ), it makes me feel like I'm breaking all of the rules ;)
    >:]

Also, good find with the 'turn off notifications'... NICE!

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. theTrashcanMan

Lol, I feel the same way with the setcpu widget. :cool:

8. RCope48

RCope48 Well-Known Member

Right after I posted this, I thought thats what it might be, thanks!:D

9. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

I prefer to leave notification on. Let's me know when something is wanting root permissions to make a change I may not be aware of.

10. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

my "superuser binary is outdated" ive run the update script and it still says that all the friggin time :(

11. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

You cleaned cache and dalvic

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews