1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Support Freeze Ups

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DuckyZero, May 7, 2012.

1. DuckyZero

DuckyZero Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    College Student
    Elk Grove, Ca
    So i had gotten my esteem a couple months after it came out and still have it; its been a good phone for me until recently.

There have been times in the past few months where it would hang up or freeze up on me, to where i wouldnt be able to text or use the dialer or make a call, it would just be stuck on the 4g and not push data. It usually takes a reboot or reset and sometimes in airplane mode then a reset to make the signal work again and make it unfreeze the keypad or touchpad to text or dial....

So what do i do you wonder, well i went into a corp store out where i live and yeah one of the ladues told me "its probably from download apps, you gotta read the reviews first before downloading, cause sometimes that can happen" in my head i am like i already know the risks of downloading 3rd party apps and what have you... problem is there the same apps i had on my Optimus M and never had issues on that phone like i am now.. i just didnt like the fact she talked to me like i dont know jack about android or the os or anything... but after that little chat said really not much you can do...

So got home i did a reset as in a hard reset thinking maybe if i restarted it fresh it would work.... wrong after a couple days it started acting up again also it randomly reboots, sometimes it even stops completly to where i need to take battery out. so i am pretty much at a lose... thinking this makes me wonder if its like this on ALL android phones both metro pcs and att or tmobile and verizon and such.... all i know is its very annoying and sucks that metro cant do jack about it

Advertisement

2. gamer30168

gamer30168 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2012
    sometimes unsure
    Atlanta
    I know what that is....thats crud built up in your OS. best thing to do is reinstall your rom

3. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Android Expert
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Texas
    What is your sw version? Check settings, about phone. If it's not zvd try to update it on the LG website with the tool.

Sent from the future using my mind bullets

4. DuckyZero

DuckyZero Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    College Student
    Elk Grove, Ca
    how does that even happen? just curious.. and so just pretty much reinstall the rom and all should be good hopfully?

5. HereticSins

HereticSins Android Expert
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Male
    Dad, Computer Engineer student, Public Service.
    Palm Springs, California.
    Same happens to me. I didn't even download any apps or change anything and it starts freezing. Its always happened with all my androids though. I would have to reinstall the ROM which sucks.

6. gamer30168

gamer30168 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2012
    sometimes unsure
    Atlanta
    ive had problems like you described even on a ROM i had only had for a few hours. Reinstalling a new ROM and kernel has always fixed it for me

7. DuckyZero

DuckyZero Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    College Student
    Elk Grove, Ca
    I have the ZVB one of the first sets to come out and all i did was root the phone to get ride of the junk metro puts on there....

so does that mean i would have to completly wipe it out and start fresh and re root?

8. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Android Expert
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Texas
    If you are having problems on zvb I would suggest updating your phone to zvd.

Sent from the future using my mind bullets

9. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Detroit,Michigan
    Yeah you would have to reroot but it should solve your problem. Zvd is a lot fresher than Zvb ...
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4047405
    Just a heads up also-going to move this over to the all things root side since you are rooted already:)

10. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Android Expert

Dec 8, 2011
    Engineer
    A-T-L-A-N-T-A
    If you haven't already, download android assistant. Use it to keep cache cleared and clear up RAM. Helps with keeping your phone snappy and not letting the cache build up like crazy.

11. alexr777

alexr777 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Cache Cleaner NG helps as well, my phone never lags and is always snappy, I just have it set to automatic cleaning every 12 hours

12. DuckyZero

DuckyZero Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    College Student
    Elk Grove, Ca
    Awesome thank everyone, i will try out the apps first for a couple days see if it does anything if not then i shall update to zvd...

13. dden4012

dden4012 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 21, 2012
    Building Pyramids
    Poor Saint Lucie, Florida
    On zvb every couple weeks the rom would get buggy and crash to where all my apps would disappear and i would have to reinstall the rom. Thats why I updated to zvd. Big improvement, at least for this phone.

14. DuckyZero

DuckyZero Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    College Student
    Elk Grove, Ca
    so the apps didnt help that much, so i ended up upgrading to zvd, but question is will my phone still be rooted if it was rooted before the update? or does that mean i have to reroot?

but we shall see if it acts up anymore and if it does then i will do a full on hard reset then update it again

15. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Detroit,Michigan
    The update will break root but no worries..just use the second part here:http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4047405:)

Tags: