• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (SUPPORT) no longer have root access

absolutky

Jul 26, 2012
Hello all. Last night i was playing a game when my phone all of a sudden rebooted. I didnt think to much about it as it was late and i was tired. This morning i wake up and ddide to back up using Titanium and i receve this error
su9ery8e.jpg
everything that does not require root access works fine. What happened and how to i start to fix it

Im not trying to factory reset. Im trying to instsll a backup of broken out. When i have done in the past i would use rom tool box to boot into recovery. And from there i could install the backup. But since the issue with the random shutdown i no longer have root access which is not allowing rom toolbox to boot the phone into recovery.
I am pretty new at rooting so i may be missing a step or two somewhere

Upvote 0
Yes thats what im trying to do im trying to reinstal a working backup of black plague. And yes im sure in some way i caused the problem im having. I just wanted to know how i should go about fixing it. I just dont want to factory reset if i dont need to. I have read i could use tge lg update tool to get it back to 100% stock, but i dont want to do that unless needed. Am i wrong in thinking that if i reinstall a working backup my issue will be fixed?

Upvote 0
Yes thats what im trying to do im trying to reinstal a working backup of black plague. And yes im sure in some way i caused the problem im having. I just wanted to know how i should go about fixing it. I just dont want to factory reset if i dont need to. I have read i could use tge lg update tool to get it back to 100% stock, but i dont want to do that unless needed. Am i wrong in thinking that if i reinstall a working backup my issue will be fixed?

What he is saying is when you confirm the reset it will send you to cwm, it will not reset your phone.

Upvote 0
Got it back running after restore

Press and hold volume down and power button untill you see a factory reset screen. Press power button to confirm.

Thanks never restored this way wasn't sure if this was what I needed
. The

What he is saying is when you confirm the reset it will send you to cwm, it will not reset your phone.

Thanks again for helping me understand.

Sent from my LG Connect 4G

Upvote 0
Dude. that is the method to get to custom recovery. No offense but I can see how your phone got messed up now. You don't listen too well.

No offense but that seemed uncalled for. It's completely understandable that the OP would assume that rebooting into factory reset would 'factory reset' their phone since it wasn't initially explained to them that it would boot into cwm.

Reactions: absolutky
Upvote 0
No offense but that seemed uncalled for. It's completely understandable that the OP would assume that rebooting into factory reset would 'factory reset' their phone since it wasn't initially explained to them that it would boot into cwm.

Did you follow the whole thread? If you did then you would see that I tried to tell him just root his phone again because it lost root for whatever reason. I had to repeat this three times. He ignored that completely and asked how to boot into recovery. I gave him an answer and again it was lost. Now even after i explain that was the method to get to cwm it took two more people to tell him the same thing and it was only the second person that finally got through to him.

Reactions: djramod
Upvote 0
Did you follow the whole thread? If you did then you would see that I tried to tell him just root his phone again because it lost root for whatever reason. I had to repeat this three times. He ignored that completely and asked how to boot into recovery. I gave him an answer and again it was lost. Now even after i explain that was the method to get to cwm it took two more people to tell him the same thing and it was only the second person that finally got through to him.

I'm surprised you kept patient as long as you did honestly. It wasn't uncalled for at all. Sometimes it takes the brutal truth to make people understand around here.

Reactions: airtioteclint
Upvote 0
Maybe I was unclear in what I was trying to do. I all I wanted to do is get to a point that I could install my backup. I didnt NEED to just reroot my phone with an AIO that's why I didn't do as he suggested. When you told me to do the factory reset, and that to was something I didn't NEED to do however I didn't not realize doing the factory reset would in fact get me to the place I needed I figured it would reset the phone to factory. As I stated a few times I am new to this and was just making sure I did what I needed to do to ensure I didn't screw it up more that I had already.

Upvote 0
W
Maybe I was unclear in what I was trying to do. I all I wanted to do is get to a point that I could install my backup. I didnt NEED to just reroot my phone with an AIO that's why I didn't do as he suggested. When you told me to do the factory reset, and that to was something I didn't NEED to do however I didn't not realize doing the factory reset would in fact get me to the place I needed I figured it would reset the phone to factory. As I stated a few times I am new to this and was just making sure I did what I needed to do to ensure I didn't screw it up more that I had already.

Well I'm just glad you got it fixed. No hard feelings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones