• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SUPPORT] SM-G930A getting REALLY hot REALLY fast!

KingOfTheNet

Sep 26, 2016
Okay, I'm kinda scared. So my Galaxy S7 gets noticeably hot incredibly fast. I took the phone out of the box, on the first day, and the first thing I noticed was "Dang! This thing is burning!". I genuinely thought for a minute that they sent me a botched phone, I even thought about going into the AT&T store, returning the thing, and buying the international model (I'd be better off doing that anyway), but then I thought "Eh, most phones always burn when you first take them out of the box.", So I just pushed that thought to the side.

Months later I noticed that the phone would get noticeably hot by the left side of the camera whenever I boot it up. I even tested this, I left it off for 1 straight hour in a room with a temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Came back 1 hour later, The thing was almost an Ice cube. I boot it up, and by the left side of the camera, I feel a lot of heat. I asked my sister if her S7 (she has the same model I do) gets hot when she boots it up, she says "No, cold as ice.", but then again, her phone isn't rooted. I'm mainly pointing to the Liveboot app because this started happening a month after I first installed the app.

I'm slowly pointing to a multitude of possible causes as I'm writing this, So far, since my phone is rooted, I can only point to the following.
-3C System Tuner cleans caches, databases, etc on startup.
-Chainfire's Liveboot app is installed and running.
-The bootanimation was replaced with the stock international one (no at&t logo, but shouldn't produce much heat because this animation uses 3 times less of the pixels on the display than the at&t animation does)
-SELinuxModeChanger runs on startup (switches kernel to Permissive mode so V4A FX will work)

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm actually freaking out thinking this thing is gonna blow up at any minute.
Cheers!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones