1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support [Support] thinking about a xoom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ORD84, Aug 8, 2011.

1. ORD84

ORD84 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    Security Consultant
    SHE-KA-GO
    Hey guys I was thinking of getting a xoom tablet, I primarily need this for e-reader/movie playback capabilities so I know that the tablet would be the better solution rather than the bulky laptop that I just had crash on me..funny story behind that one actually Meatloaf killed my laptop, the trojan horse that my laptop had actually played meatloaf "paradise by the dashboard lights" before I got the blue screen of death..

My thought is that if I bought a Euro Xoom for the different colored bezel and backing, would it be possible to still get the pushed updates for the American versions? I'd hate to get this tab and not have the use of the sd card like before the American Tablets got the update...

Thanks for yours guys insights..

Advertisement

2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    why do you want to get a Euro version when you live in the states? is it just because of the two tone back? if so, why is that important? curious is all..

3. ORD84

ORD84 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    Security Consultant
    SHE-KA-GO
    Just wanted to be different...also I do spend alot of time in Europe so it would be beneficial to have one device that was built to handle their networks...here in the states I got wifi via tethering or just wherever I'm at at that moment...over there not so much a 3g euro version would benefit me, it's either that or wait for a global version and I know that isn't going to happen for quite some time