1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Surface 3 running Lineage 17.1 (x86)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UntrustedInstaller, May 19, 2021.

1. UntrustedInstaller

So. 2 things. As the title states, I just installed the x86 build of Lineage and the battery percentage is constantly at 0%. No matter if it's attached to AC Power or Unplugged at 100%. It just shows 0%. There is no camera app either no camera app works. Nothing. If there are any external drivers I need to install, please provide them and let me know how to install it.

EDIT: I have no type cover

Madd61 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well i doubt drivers is the issue. just curious how did you get lineage os to run on the surface 3? do you have a guide or a link?

i think it is an issue with lineage. not sure on how to fix it though.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds like an issue with Lineage and your particular Surface device, that the Lineage devs would most likely need to sort out. Which I don't think we can really help you with.

Suggest you enquire over at the Lineage community.
    https://lineageos.org/community/

#3 mikedt, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. UntrustedInstaller

Someone made a fork of lineage that was x86 based so I made a USB drive and just installed it

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

So it's not like an official port of Lineage then? In which case it will be the dev(s) who forked it, needs to fix it. This is a community open source software project, so someone else might be able to come in and fix it for the Surface device.

Is there a website or forum for this Lineage (x86) fork? The Linage community apparently uses IRC, Reddit, and/or Discord.

#5 mikedt, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
    ocnbrze likes this.