1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

surprising att going back on their word.

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by socalbeast, Feb 23, 2011.

1. socalbeast

socalbeast Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    wall of text warning(getting unlimited data back)

had a iphone since day 1 and always upgraded to the newest one(i was a isheep) so naturally i had the unlimited data plan. then i had my iphone 4 stolen 4 3 months after release. i called att to see what they would do for me, and they said nothing i had to wait for upgrade or pay full price. i asked them to put my data plan on hold till i was due for upgrade on another line in febuary, they said ok, data plan was on hold.

1 month later i had data charges on my bill. i called att up they credited my account and removed the data.

upgrade time. i called to have my unlimited data reinstated and they said they are not offering it no more. so i asked for a manager, they told me att would contact me in a few days.

few days later i get a call , rude att rep saying i wasnt eligible because i removed my data plan. i explained that it was supposed to be put on hold not removed, he said nothing i can do and take you capped data plan and have a nice day.

i called back and complained to another rep. she was understanding and said, i will talk to my manager. 5 mins later she said i would get my unlimited data back..

she then told me that they are letting people get the unlimited data back if they had purchased a iphone before june 2010. so keep calling and trying and they will give in, threaten to leave by saying you might go to verizon who has unlimited data for $30 .

Advertisement

2. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    SouthEast
    They have flipped back and forth so many times the reps. Don't even know what to do. Keep trying, if what you say is true you should get it back

3. tonyb81

tonyb81 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 19, 2010
    When you talk to these companies the front line reps are trained to say they can't help you with certain things. When that happens, nicely ask for a manager, and as long as your request isn't out of this world, and you are persistent you should be able to get what you want.