1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Survey: Consumers More Likely to Buy Android Over iPhone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phandroid, Feb 25, 2011.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot
    None

Apr 12, 2008
    I’m not sure how many of these research reports and studies we’ll post before we stop, but here’s another (that probably sounds a lot like 100 other reports out there): consumers are more likely to buy Android devices over iPhone. They found that 34% of those surveyed are looking to buy a Android device this [...]

More...

Advertisement

2. reddoggt

reddoggt Lurker
    None

Yes for many reasons,

An iPhone can be upwards of $100 dollars a month, I pay $25
    More custom-ability on android
    hackers love android

3. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Entrepreneur
    Left Coast
    One word: Choices. Android has all its bases covered from design (The Nexus One is still one of the most beautiful phones on the planet) to dual-core speed (While I am not sure that we have anything to truly test the heft of both processors, the speed is native and can be overclocked I'm sure, into oblivion). Price Point - Android has phones that range from the feisty "comer" bantam-weight Optimus T/S/V to the Heavyweight HTC Thunderbolt. And we don't shy away from Flash. The Android Apps Market is not on lockdown - our devs all over the world are free to design and create to their heart's content. As I've said previously, Apple's shortcomings stem from the same source as its celebratory praise - One man's vision.

Which brings up the subject that none of us wants to think of, What if he doesn't come back? He might choose to retire permanently and live a less stress filled life. Who knows? We cannot help but wonder if the magic will be sustained in the absence of Apple's visionary founder? Is there an heir apparent? When he left before (remember that madness in the 80's - what was their board of directors thinking when they allowed that guy to let him go? John Sculley Explains Why He Fired Steve Jobs ), he was brought back to run things on his own terms. That was then. What happens now? Steve Jobs is one of a kind. One of America's greatest innovators. But who is ready to step into his shoes? While I probably could not be considered a "fan" I definitely appreciate his genius and his industry leading contributions to technology. However, if the recent "release" of the "new" notebooks are an indication...should we ask the Abbott and Costello question, "Who's on first?"

I think that all of us are wishing Steve well and a speedy recovery. I for one, enjoy his boldness of spirit on the scene. It's easy to pick a "fight" with someone who's so brash and haughty as he has been. His innovations? Even I have to admit, he has no peers on design and concepts in computing. But as to phones? Don't sleep on Android...we're gonna kick Apple's butt.

4. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    Along with the variety of choices the name Android is getting a lot more marketing to the public.

5. substring

substring Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    iPhone is becoming too mundane, period.