• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Survey: Help me with an Android-related gaming article...

I'm working on an article for budget gaming on the Android platform. I'm trying to decide what sort of wireless controllers to consider.

When it comes to controllers, please answer the following questions either yes or no.

1) Price is king. I don't want to spend more than $20 on a controller.
2) I'm willing to pay more for a controller that doesn't require a USB port.
3) I'm willing to consider wireless controllers that require a USB dongle.
4) I already have a PS3 controller I'd be willing to use.
5) If a $30 controller is considerably better built than a $20 controller, I'm willing to spend the extra money.

Thanks!

Why not? You just LOVE the swipe games like Angry Birds and Cut the Rope? You tried to play GTA III with those horrid controls?

The on screen controls are fine, there not perfect but they are not the problem, The problem with GTA 3 is that it runs like crap on some devices, especially the Transformer so it's very hard to control even using a my PS3 controller.

Easier on my Galaxy S II purely because it runs so much faster.

I don't see the point in using a controller, I'm not going to carry one around with me so the only place I'm going to use it is at home, but at home I have my PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 so why would I play games on my tiny phone screen given the choice? makes no sense.

So I guess I'm with Wom, Option 6)

Upvote 0
I have no problem with the touch controls of any 3D game i played, when done right. But the main reason is the fact i play on the go. My phone is portable and i enjoy playing it while on the bus, lying in my bed, on the toilet, etc etc. I do not want to drag a controller with me to enjoy a 10min. game.

Also, i just have two hands, how to hold the phone and the controller at the same time? I need to lay down the phone then, using the phone as a screen/console. If i would want that i would turn on my Xbox360.

I agree that in the near future things will change, with WiDi (wireless HDMI) it will be easy to hook up your phone or tablet to your tv and play games with a bluetooth controller. Just look at the rumours of the new Xbox. But for on to go (where i currently use my smartphone for) i have no value in dragging along an additional controller.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones