1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Suspicious Facebook login popup after unlock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BrainIs404, May 8, 2012.

1. BrainIs404

BrainIs404 Newbie

Recently I've started to get what looks to be a fake Facebook login popup occasionally after unlocking my phone running the VZW 4.0.4 leak. I haven't downloaded any "free" apps recently. I've got my password saved in my Facebook app and both the stock browser and Chrome, so none of them should be asking for it. It doesn't quite take up the entire screen and has a black "X" at the top left of the screen. I'll try to take a screenshot next time it happens. I'm fairly certain some scumbag is sitting back waiting for me to enter that information so they can have a field day with my account :mad:. Anyone with similar behavior?

2. jmj3783

jmj3783 Well-Known Member

I've never had that happen. But why Facebook? Someone trying to steal your friends? :)

3. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

When did this start happening?

Did you recently install any new apps that have bad reviews in the market?

Glad you are refusing to put the account info on - smart on your part. Let's try to get to the bottom of this.

4. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Android Enthusiast

What shows up in the task list? What about running services?

5. JediJesus

JediJesus Android Enthusiast

My wife and I get the same thing. We both have the Galaxy Nexus stock 4.0.2.

6. JediJesus

JediJesus Android Enthusiast

It seems to be an app is trying to log into facebook. I had either Words with Friends or Scramble with Friends getting logged out and it was trying to log me back in.

7. BrainIs404

BrainIs404 Newbie

Here's a screenshot of the pop-up. I've been getting it more frequently lately, including when I'm in the middle of using apps now.

[​IMG]

8. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Yes, can you get a screen shot of that?

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews