1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Swap "Gently Used" HTC SPRINT HERO for SAMSUNG MOMENT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ssyates, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ssyates

ssyates Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    Hello SPRINT Moment Fans,

Here I am with 2 HTC Hero phones, with only one on an active account. I would love to try out the Samsung Moment, but don't have the $$ to just go out and buy one.

My hero comes with all it had when new, plus I have an extra battery for it I will add to the deal. This hero has only been used for about a week, and while using it, it "lived" in my Blackberry Tour holster to give it maximum protection. There are no scratches or rub marks on it, never been dropped and I have reset it to Factory Specs via the SECURITY MENU and the ESN is clear and ready to be activated on your SPRINT account.

Please email me at sy@rayzel.com if you are interested. Maybe we can work out a swap.

Now for the additional 1 to 2 feet of snow that is forecast for this afternoon and tomorrow, on top of the 2.5 feet still on the ground :mad:

Sam in Culpeper, VA

Advertisement

2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Male
    ELP Engineer @ National Instruments
    Austin, TX
    ill give you my samsung instinct for it.... it has an extra battery too :)

3. ssyates

ssyates Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    Sorry...I am only interested in the Moment.

4. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Male
    metro detroit
    hahaha

5. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Seacoast, NH
    I would but I don't think I could deal with the virtual keyboard. Now if you had a BB Curve 8530... ;)

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    Valentines day IS coming up... maybe I can be your valentine ssyates? and get that extra hero for free =)

7. salth2o

salth2o Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I am actually interested in this deal. I have a moment that I have been using for about two weeks. PM me and we can talk.

8. ssyates

ssyates Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    I have sent you a response. Let's talk.

9. ssyates

ssyates Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    Hi Jen, so far, the BB Curve 8330 is my favorite phone, not as fancy as the Hero or Moment, but incredibly reliable and the Blackberry Messaging is great. I tried the 8530 and didn't like the tactile feedback on the keyboard and the trackpad wasn't as responsive as I had hoped for. The black finish is a massive FINGERPRINT MAGNET. I took it back to SPRINT and am still using my 8330 as my primary phone.

If I make a swap for the Moment and like it, it will replace the Curve.

Thanks for the response to me ad.....

10. jen8112

Nov 30, 2009
    Seacoast, NH
    I had a BB Curve 8330 before my Moment. I kinda regret getting rid of it but won't buy another after I sold my old one, my husband would kill me! lol ;) I at least have to upgrade! Not worried about fingerprints, I always use a case. What do you mean about the keyboard?

11. ssyates

ssyates Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    I turn off the audible feedback on the keyboard so I don't disturb those around me. The tactile feedback on the 8530 is almost non-existent, it is hard to tell if everything I am typing into the keyboard is actually going into the text I am typing. The 8330 has excellent tactile feedback. However; the wi-fi on the 8530 is great.

Also, the overall "feel" on the 8330 is really solid, built like a "brick" whereas the 8530 feels cheap. On the 8330, I like to keep it in a charging cradle overnight, but the 8530 can only be charged by plugging in the USB charging cable.

I guess ya' gotta give something up to get something a little better. :thinking:

12. jen8112

Nov 30, 2009
    Seacoast, NH
    Oh I get it, thanks. I'll try it. If I don't like it I will sell that too and get a new 8330. ;)