• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swapping apps on SD card to internal memory?

I don't think thats possible as apps are unable to recognize the internal memory at this time.

Exactly. All the dev's will need to update their app's so they can read and use the internal memory. Either that or Google has to do some serious coding to somehow let apps see the internal memory and SD memory, I don't see that happening without more phones starting to come with internal storage.

Upvote 0
I don't code android so i don't know but i wonder if the android has a default storage command. Like not hard linking it to /sdcard but something like $HOME but $STORAGE so the phone can put it where storage is available. either sd or internal.
But again i don't code and android might not even have this option cuz inc is the first to come out with internal storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones