1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Sweaty Hand on HTC Desire S

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wizzkid8, Oct 4, 2011.

1. wizzkid8

wizzkid8 Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi,

I purchase new HTC Desire S and I enjoyed using it without protective case (silicon case/ hard case), however, my hands are sweaty at times and I am afraid that this might affect the phone in time, like discoloration on the back or sides of the phone due to the sweat (acid)?

Hope you can give me insight on this matter.

Thanks very much!

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    I'd be more concerned about moisture entering the guts of your phone than it changing its outward appearance. However, both are unlikely if you keep things clean and dry.

wizzkid8 likes this.
  3. wizzkid8

wizzkid8 Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Would you recommend a protective case for that matter ? I am looking into this case, case-mate barely there.

Thanks

4. marvin123

marvin123 Member
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Retired
    South London UK
    Perhaps there's a slight medical problem here. Anyway that aside, I have bought several different colour gel cases (from Amazon) for mine and could not conceive using my HTC without them.
    My hands are rather large and dry-ish and I dread to think how many times the phone would have slipped out of my hands onto various hard floor surfaces had I not fitted mine with a gel case.

Even now, when I take the case off, to remove any debris caught between the case and phone, the latter feels very insecure when held 'naked' so to speak.

wizzkid8 likes this.
  5. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011

Cases offer protection from impact; they won't protect your phone from damage caused by moisture. Areas vulnerable to moisture getting into your phone will remain uncovered, e.g. the USB port, headset jack, speaker, power and volume controls, etc.

If you choose to use a case, you should still ensure that your phone (not just the case) remains clean and dry.

wizzkid8 likes this.
  6. wizzkid8

wizzkid8 Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Thanks Guys :) Just ordered a case from Amazon. Really appropriated your input here.

Tags: