• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sweet frabjuous joy!!!

megaera

Dec 9, 2009
Houston, TX
There is a sweet rightness in the air, as though a storm has passed, washing away the grime and pollution. Every leaf and branch pulses with vibrant, scintillating LIFE!!!!! This is not the simple joy of the naif; no, it is the fuller, mature joy of one who has known loss. That lack making every moment of restoration precious.

Yes, my friends, who nursed me when I was laid low, prostrate and weakened by my grief and isolation, I am returned to the sweet balm of Droidhood. Rejoice with me, and accept my thanks for your staunch support during those most dismal times.

Actually this is related to an old thread, the one where my Droid abandoned me to hurl itself against a brick wall and kill itself. Now I have left the shadows and once again bask in the (suitably dimmed so as to not drain the battery) glow of my Droid's happy screen.

Already I can tell that this Droid is infinitely happier, as it accepts WiFi in a way my dearly departed previous Droid never did. Perhaps melancholy interferes with routers in a way hitherto unknown.

Upvote 0
The gal's got mad skills, fer sher. But brettlewis, I'm gonna guess that she's refering to http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/50186-temporarily-droid-less.html

The eagle has landed.

I've been camped out by my computer, monitoring this situation, and watching for updates. I've clutched closely, a bic lighter in one hand and bible in the other, waiting for this day. I feel your smile, megaera.

Words just won't do... so I'll defer to air guitar, virtual hi 5's, champagne, and chocolate.

Megaera, may present and future chapters be just a sweet!

Reactions: megaera
Upvote 0
Actually this is related to an old thread, the one where my Droid abandoned me to hurl itself against a brick wall and kill itself. Now I have left the shadows and once again bask in the (suitably dimmed so as to not drain the batter) glow of my Droid's happy screen.

Already I can tell that this Droid is infinitely happier, as it accepts WiFi in a way my dearly departed previous Droid never did. Perhaps melancholy interferes with routers in a way hitherto unknown.

i like the way you think

Upvote 0
Involuntary phoneslaughter at the most. But I have already been accused, and as kbayer so kindly pointed out, you can read my previous lamentations and defense, as well as my slow progression through the stages of grief, to better appreciate the transports of my current ecstasy.

haha. when I first got my droid, and was still in the store I accidentally dropped it on the floor. I think everyone went silent and then gasped at the same time. I also think everything went into slow motion.

The phone was fine, but that didnt stop me from crying and running out the store as the crowed laughed and pointed fingers at me :(

Upvote 0
haha. when I first got my droid, and was still in the store I accidentally dropped it on the floor. I think everyone went silent and then gasped at the same time. I also think everything went into slow motion.

The phone was fine, but that didnt stop me from crying and running out the store as the crowed laughed and pointed fingers at me :(

Perhaps you, too, may need to watch your phone for suicidal tendencies (dangit, now Institutionalized is stuck in my head.) Has your phone been laggy, lethargic, unwilling to connect with others (especially via Bluetooth)? Beware, for these might be signs of the dreaded Suicidal Droid. Care and caution must be exercised, as you gently ask your Droid if it would like to join a support group, or at least read a helpful pamphlet on depression.

Upvote 0
Maybe there should be an antidepressant app in the market... :thinking:

I could see my way onto that, although I worry that some misguided souls might think it was to cheer themselves up rather than their phones. Heathens.

Or looking UP from the refurb underworld, whichever may be the case...

I like to think of it as a circle of life sort of thing. Perhaps my old Droid will be healed, a useful contributing member of the mobile society. Perhaps my Droid will res,t gently returning its components to the whole. Or perhaps it will insidiously sneak into the unsuspecting home of a new Droid owner, causing untold misery as it capriciously refuses to do certain tasks, persisting in multiple attempts to end its life; should that be the case, I can but take solace in the fact that it won't be happening to me.

Upvote 0
The OP is cracking me up right now.

Excellent, I wish to see all around me reveling with utter abandon. Laugh, my friends, laugh until you wheeze and try desperately not to spit coffee on your keyboard or screen!

The combination of getting my Droid and Bioshock 2 on the same day has tossed me into stratospheric heights of elation. I am euphoric, nay, not merely euphoric; I am giddy like a trust-fund baby with her first credit card. I shall forever treasure this moment of bliss, hoarding it against the less pleasant vicissitudes of life.

Upvote 0
Now that you have mastered the thesaurus, maybe you can learn to put the new found words together so they make sense to us mere mortals.

I'm a mere mortal, and she makes perfect sense to me! I share her joy, so I revelled with utter abandon, then I slept.

I woke a few minutes ago, remembered the good news, then I revelled some more.

I may even revel again later today.

What's a thesaurus?

Upvote 0
It feels great to be alive again, doesn't it? I rejoice with you, my fine Droid-bearing friend.

And like you, I have a reason to frolic in grassy meadows. I am once again the owner of something wonderful that was in my life just a short time ago, and then slipped away like the sands of time through my hands ... much like your last DROID (rest it's soul). (OK ... I didn't mame it, but I digress.)

CLICK HERE to view the awesomeness.

Upvote 0
Lest we stray too far off-topic, keep in mind that megaera is somewhere in a state of blissful rapture, purring quietly with Droid in hand, contemplating a dance, no doubt...

Her emotional outpouring is obviously quite contagious, and I for one am appreciative for the mental break she has inspired. The day to day grind has lately become quite challenging.

Oh -- and to jtbnet --
"LOL @ all of this. Thanks for the comic relief, guys. Is there an app that locates grassy meadows in which one can frolic?"

Sure there is... Google Maps!
Apparently, there is such a haven. http://www.americantowns.com/wv/grassymeadows

I will be going there tomorrow to extend my frolicking in celebration of megaera's good fortune.

Reactions: slick_old
Upvote 0
Well, it was my first full day (or night rather) of bonding with my beloved new Droid. After I played Madonna's "Like a Virgin" and whirled about the room cuddling my Droid close. I returned to the forum to see that, like my garden, this thread had grown thick and hardy with nary a speck of my attention.

So, here in a few brief phrases is my tardy response. Kbayer, a multitude of thanks for you gallant defense. Celebrate with me, share my joy, and perhaps we can all have a nice repast of eggs scrambled on the back of jtbnet's battery. All I can say in my own defense, is that I write merely to entertain and delight and that my words are not newfound; rather, they are my comforting companions supporting me through times of emotional extremes. Also, I do not own a thesaurus, although, undercutting my defense a little, I suppose there are thesauri aplenty floating in the cloud...I digress. Slick, I am humbled and honored to have distracted you from your quotidian worries, if only for the merest of moments. Joe, that is a ride to make angels weep. It is by far the most ergonomic Kawi I've ever seen. I had every intention of changing my location, but, alas, the "save" button eluded my mouse pointer, tricksy devil. Thanks to you, I am now back in Houston, which some of my less heat tolerant friends have informed me is a "staging ground for Hell." I, of course, think if you can't handle the heat, don't overclock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones