• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sweeter Home 2 & Beautiful Home Widget - FIX

messenger13

Android Expert
Dec 8, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I'm just starting to get the hang of Sweeter Home Preview 2. And as many of you already know, some widgets (like Beautiful Home) won't update consistantly. I'm going to email the dev my finding so hopefully he can rectify this issue. But in the meantime, you can try this fix/work-around. My Beautiful Home widget has been keeping the correct time for almost 12 hours now ... through many edits, screen changes, and reboots. That was not the case just yesterday.

What I finally did was experiment with the "Layer Level" parameter of everything on the screen. What I found was that if the Beautiful Home widget was on the highest level (10), that it will update with no problems. In fact, I have no other Layer Level 10 items on the screen where I'm using that widget.

Hope this helps. I'm looking forward to hearing if this "fix" works for you as well.

---------------------------

01/21/2010 UPDATE: Since creating this thread, I'm fairly sure that EVERY ONE of my widgets has failed at one time or another. ARGH! This is sooooooo frustrating!

is anyone having FC close issues as a result of BW? It seems every third or fourth time of switching away from and then back to the screen on my phone that has the BW on it, I get a FC. This isn't true when switching to/from any of the other screens.

Other widgets on that page is Battery Widget, Motorola Torch, and Ringer Toggle Widget

Also, it only seems to do it when I'm returning from the screen above the center screen (the "top" screen I guess...my BW is on the center screen)

Upvote 0
messenger!! you rock !! been workin ever since :D EDIT: i just got up and it hadn't updated since i wrote this message:(

@sweeterhome i love this thing!! when's it hitting the market? :D

@dgalt you HAVE to clean yur cache after you edit ANYTHING i dont have any more problems since i started doin that

If you mean the cache in manage apps, it is always non selectable for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones