• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sweeter Home 2 beta

is there anyway that you can hide the notification bar like with home++

Is there anyway in Home++ to have a different wallpaper on each screen, to use whatever icon you want at will, any size icon with any spacing, to have each screen act like 3, 4, or 5 screens in one, and backup your theme to your sdcard? No??? No kiddin? ;)

But if hiding the notification bar is the be all end all for you ... you keep rockin' the Home++. :cool: Oh, and ... by the way. Don't mind that the more you load Home++ down with screens and widgets the more it runs like a dog. BTDT

Upvote 0
Okay....I am curious. I have read this thread and something caught my attention. I saw that someone mentioned about downloading the 2.0 SDK and downloading the SHp2 onto your PC. Does this mean I could somehow just work up the theme I want on my PC then load it to a SH installed device (my Droid).

If so, I am curious as to how to accomplish this. I love everything that you can do with Sweeterhome, but I guess I just do not possess the patience to try and configure it the way that I want on the phone.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

Ben

Upvote 0
who cares if he is not going to upload it and share?

With SweeterHome, it is best to make your own, as you will have to edit it to fit your needs anyway. Nobody has the same exact programs, widgets, or uses for their phones. So seeing others is a way of sharing ideas. I have no desire to set my phone up like Joe's since I have it edited to be the way I want. I am just curious as to what he felt was such a good change to his. If it is an idea I have not thought of and can utilize it, than I can set mine up in a similar way.

Upvote 0
Sweeterhome seems pretty cool so far....total customization at your fingertips is cool.

I cant figure out how to add my battery widget to my screen. Actually, I cant access my widgets at all!

If I do a long press on the home screen, it offers me shortcuts, applications, or springboard. None of these selections lead me to my widgets.

Also, the battery widget is not listed with my other apps.

Cant find it! Help!

Upvote 0
Dr. Pepper

SHP2_3.png

Upvote 0
Okay....I am curious. I have read this thread and something caught my attention. I saw that someone mentioned about downloading the 2.0 SDK and downloading the SHp2 onto your PC. Does this mean I could somehow just work up the theme I want on my PC then load it to a SH installed device (my Droid).

If so, I am curious as to how to accomplish this. I love everything that you can do with Sweeterhome, but I guess I just do not possess the patience to try and configure it the way that I want on the phone.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

Ben

When you have the SDK installed and loaded it opens up just like it looks like a regular phone. All you need to do is download and install SH within that and you can make/save your own themes on your PC instead of computer.

Upvote 0
Edit theme > New > widget > place it on the screen and size it as you like. Exit theme editing.

Now click on the widget space you just made and it'll let you place a regular widget.

If I do "Edit Layout > New", there is no option for widget. I have "Application Tray" and "Application Grid."

A long press on the tray does not give me the options for widgets. It offers, shortcut, application, and springboard. No widgets are available from any of these selections.

The appliation grid doesnt work either for this either.

Upvote 0
When you have the SDK installed and loaded it opens up just like it looks like a regular phone. All you need to do is download and install SH within that and you can make/save your own themes on your PC instead of computer.

Technically, what you described above is correct. But in reality, there are a lot more steps than what you have described. When it comes down to it, setting up a theme is a lot easier to do on the DROID itself. Having said that, creating/editing a theme on the PC would probably make for a better learning environment. But without all of your apps and widgets installed on your PC, well, that wouldn't really work too well.

And then there's the issue with saving a theme and then loading it onto the DROID. Have you downloaded someone's else's theme onto your DROID yet? There's a whole lot missing. Apps, widgets, pics, etc..

And I haven't even begun to talk about having to walk people through the SDK and emulator process yet.

All of this is why I've decided to abandon the whole project and just do it on the DROID. And now that I've devote the time and energy into learning the app ... it's really quite simple. You just have to want it.

Upvote 0
If I do "Edit Layout > New", there is no option for widget. I have "Application Tray" and "Application Grid."

No, no. Start over. You are NOT in edit mode yet. Get to the screen where you want the widget.

- Press the Menu button
- tap 'Edit Theme'
- Press the Menu button again
- tap 'New...'
- scroll down to 'System Widget' and tap

Upvote 0
Sweeter Home Preview 2 ... not 1.
So far, there are 2 beta releases. I'm using the 2nd release (Build#661). None of my widgets worked with the first release.

Drag it to your sdcard, navigate to it with ASTRO File Manager (or the like) and tap on it. You'll have to go to Settings > Applications > and check 'Unknown sources', since you're not installing it from the Market.

Upvote 0
This is probably a very stupid question, and I apologize in advance. I've read this whole thread and there's a lot of great information. I'm still not confident that I understand what happens to my current set-up on my stock home pages (not having ventured into the home replacements yet in the 3 weeks I've had my Droid) in the unlikely event I want to go back to them.

I do recall someone saying that you won't alter your set-up in Home++ so long as you don't set SH2 as your default. Am I correct in assuming that would hold true for the stock home set-up, as well? In other words, can I load SH2, edit themes and set everything up and try out the result, without screwing up my current home set-up?

I've backed up my applications on Astro, and my compatible data on MyBackup Pro, just in case. That said, I do want to make sure of what I'm doing here, since I haven't had a need to do a restoration from any backups yet and I'm not completely sure whether everything would come back the way I had it.

Upvote 0
@ GirLuvsDroid - You can download and install Sweeter Home, and it won't affect the stock Home app, or any other home-replacement app for that matter. The ONLY thing that is affected is what happens when you press the Home button. Until you make a choice to have one of them be your "Default Home" you will have to select one of them. Currently, I have Sweeter Home as my default Home app. But this can be reversed at anytime in a few simple steps.

Sweeter Home, Home++, GDE, ... none of these "replace" your default home. No more than Handcent or chompSMS "replace" the stock Messaging app. It just depends which one you want to use. Options. That's what the DROID is all about. ;)

Upvote 0
Did you ever confirm this, Joe?

Installing SDK and the DROID emulator does not require root, as that is done on your PC. But I found more issues as I tried going down the road of Edit Sweeter Home theme on PC than transfer to DROID than I cared to deal with.

Frankly, I like editing Sweeter Home on the phone anyway. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Joe! That's very helpful (and makes complete sense -- you'd think I'm a blonde rather than a redhed, because if I'd thought about it from the perspective of Handcent/stock messaging, I wouldn't have needed to ask the question)! :rolleyes:

I'm glad to help. And no, I didn't think your question was stupid at all. I usually don't answer those. :D (Even from hott redheads.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones