• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sweeter Home 2 beta

Pure Grid Calendar. It's purty, ain't it? ;)

It's beeeeaaaaaaauuutiful! Thank you. By the way, I've installed the SH2 beta and have been reviewing all the available themes (I love yours -- but I know you're not sharing!!). I've started the process of editing my own and I can see that I'm gonna get really obsessed (not good -- geez, I need a life). :eek:

Upvote 0
I tried running it the other day, but I was getting FC's constantly. Are either of you getting the same problem? Maybe I should give it another go...

As others have reported in this and the SH2 thread in Android Applications, I'm getting FCs during editing mode (but not once out of editing mode), and once when I tried a theme that apparently wasn't really compatible with my Droid (I don't remember which one now), but otherwise, no FCs.

Upvote 0
I just tried this app for the second time and I was getting some freezeups while editing and when I click "search for widget in the market".

Yesterday i did a reboot and got stuck at the boot animation. After 2 battery pulls, i finally got it to boot up.
Today the same thing happened and I had to do a nandroid restore back to before I had the SH2 app.

I'm running Pete's Bugless Beauty 8.3. I dont know if my current ROM has anything to do with it but it seems that SH2 is still too unstable for me.

I think that it will most definitely be the best home replacement app for the droid, after the bugs are worked out. The customization aspect alone, blows all other competitors away.

Upvote 0
@bdal1 - Yea, I've had just about every error along the way, as well as the "unwillingness to boot". I learned that putting my DROID into the multimedia dock solves the issue. Weird, I know. None-the-less ... once it's edited and running, it flies! I've decided to deal with the bad for now, knowing that as the app matures, things will only get better.

Upvote 0
If someone else is experiencing the stuck on red eye issue , here is my work around

Install Home Switcher
Install Bar Control

Put Home Switcher in the bar

And if you get the issue with the red eye, call your phone, decline the call, enter the unlock pattern, and switch your home to something else other than SH2

You can go back later on, or stay away just like I did :eek:

Upvote 0
Well I am having fc hell.. It says force close and screen close and normally it comes back running now it just stays black.. power off the phone and turn it back on.. goes to lock screen and unlock it.. see my home screen.. if I move the screen or launch any app bam fc and black screen.. I am stuck.. any ideas??? I can receive phone calls but cannot call..

Upvote 0
so far so good :) I had to set up all my custom icons again though. How do I save my icons in a custom tray so they load up with the theme?

There are two things you can do so your icons are all where they should be. For the record, I didn't have to load one single icon when I just updated SH.

Use as many "Tagged Trays" as possible. These trays sync the apps you have in them with the online server and they remember what apps you have in there. Tagged trays also help you and others as well. If I consider an app to belong in my "multimedia" tagged tray, and you download that same app and have a multimedia tagged tray, that app automatically goes in that tray for you. Make sense?

Also ... regarding my Custom trays, after I load them with all the shortcuts that I want, I "Embed Content". This enables that tray to remember what shortcuts were inside of it. COOL! :cool:

Upvote 0
lmfao - ahh, now that will be really good. I am not sure if I am gonna have the time to learn SH on my own, but gods! is it configurable - just like I like my apps. I can never have too many options, b/c my desires change faster than the wind does....

(I would ask for a black look, but then I wouldn't really learn how to edit it, now would I? So I'll have to suffice with taking your original and modding it on my own)....

(Pssssst - y'hear that chickie? He said he is gonna share!!!!)

Upvote 0
I'll be sharing Dr. Pepper soon. If not tomorrow ... by Monday evening. ;)

I would also like to record some videos explaining how to edit it. We'll see if I get that far. :eek:

It would be awesome if you could share on how you do stuff via it would be great.. Thanks :)

So has the latest build has been released? as I mentioned earlier my phone became unusable.. So leaving it locked for like 2 hours, unlocked and was able to launch settings to uninstall sweeterhome.. thanks

Upvote 0
It would be awesome if you could share on how you do stuff via it would be great.. Thanks :)

So has the latest build has been released? as I mentioned earlier my phone became unusable.. So leaving it locked for like 2 hours, unlocked and was able to launch settings to uninstall sweeterhome.. thanks

I installed the new released some 7 hours ago, and haven't had one single glitch yet. Not during editing, or use. AWESOME!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones