• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SweeterHome Beta 2 on Eris

gadgetmom88

Sep 23, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
I've been reading a lot of posts about different launchers on the Droid Eris - LauncherPro, Home++, ADW, and Zeam. I'm using SweeterHome Beta 2. It was tough to figure out, but the end results are exactly the phone you want. If you are bored of your current launcher, this one provides endless opportunity to tweak. It initially took me 4 hours to set up/modify a theme I found online (all themes are free). Now I can set up a theme in about an hour. I can't post pictures - guess I'm too new, but here's a link to a album of screenshots.

Picasa Web Albums - gadgetmom88 - SweeterHome S...#

I'd be glad to help anyone out who is interested in getting started with SweeterHome. Here's a link to the download website:

SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com

OK, first of all, most of the default listed themes suck, but take a look at this:
Sweeter Home 2 Beta Review

There are many more themes if you search on specific keywords.

This is really cool, but my biggest issue at the moment is that the themes seem to have been written with amoebas in mind? The print is ridiculously tiny on most of these themes... I will need to spend a fair amount of time working on this (when I actually have time).

But I must say, this has HUGE potential if you have the time to skin it.

Upvote 0
two questions: 1) is there a Qr code or do i have to search for one and 2) Is there anyone who has a screen image of this replacement, that would be very helpful in the decision to download this new replacement.:)

Link to pictures - I can't post screenshots yet:
Picasa Web Albums - gadgetmom88 - SweeterHome S...#

Majorpay - most of the skins were created for higher resolution screens so the font sizes are very small. This can be adjusted in the Edit Themes.

I just uploaded the theme you see in the screenshots in my initial post and can be found modded for the Eris as BugsysThemeV3_ModEris, or search for my author name - gadgetmom88. I did not create this theme, only modified it.

Upvote 0
i have been trying for weeks to get a SW2 theme that actually fit what i want. it is one difficult program to learn, but its also very interesting. i keep going back to it and playing.

The forums at SweeterHome.com are very helpful. If you have any questions, check them out, or let me know. I've played with it pretty extensively.

Upvote 0
I Thought I would post some pics of how you can use this app here since this post led me to this app.

Main Screen with springboard over home plate.
4666319099_cfbfcddcaf.jpg
4666941992_05e0e1eeb6.jpg

From main screen swipe up and swipe down screens.
4666319449_b170710cd2.jpg
4666319583_8b04f9c07c.jpg

Left of Main with springboard over TB.
4666942418_9b9a737a30.jpg
4666942504_696121d7f6.jpg

To the right of Main.
4666319771_119642ecb8.jpg

It was a pain at first but I decided to not to download a theme and just start from scratch to use over my background image. I used the springboards to hide the trays so as to not block the images (I love this feature). Everything is customizable ie the background colors on trays, icon sizes, font sizes, spacing between the icons. It can take quite a while to customize just the way you want. The only problem I have run into is sometimes my widgets disappear and have to be reloaded by hitting the home button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones