• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rob Jones

Sep 30, 2010
told that this one is the best, however before I set it up it started asking permission to use all my passwords etc. Not sure Im happy about that. Is it normal?

Is SwiftKey the best keyboard also, anyone got any comments about this app or any recommendations for a better keypad

Gentlemen?

I tried both Swift Key and SlideIT and ended up buying SlideIT.
Why?
It's just a bit more fun to use and has a slightly more "wow" factor when you show folk.
Swiftkey is good if you text in a certain way. It's like predictive text but with whole words, It scans your text messages and tries to work out your style of texting and away it goes. Very useful if you text similar stuff all the time.

For example, Are you out tonight, can be 4 taps, Press the A and it will suggest the word Are, confirm, then it will suggest the word you, Confirm and so on... It is good :D

As for slide it, you need to be vaguely familiar with a qwerty keyboard as your finger or thumb will be in the way, but you just start at whatever letter and simply slide to the next letter. I like this as you don't have to be that accurate and after a few months, my messages are now really quite quick. I find myself deliberatley using longhand as it's good fun :D

As for the access requests.... What harm can it do? Really? In this big wide world, do you honestly think that whoever is gathering that information is REALLY interested in little old me or you? :D

Upvote 0
told that this one is the best, however before I set it up it started asking permission to use all my passwords etc. Not sure Im happy about that. Is it normal?

Is SwiftKey the best keyboard also, anyone got any comments about this app or any recommendations for a better keypad

Gentlemen?

IMO it's dreadful. After hearing good things about it I gave it a try it for 3 days but the predictive feature just kept getting worse. It was so frustrating to use. Uninstalled and went back to the stock.

Upvote 0
Been using Swiftkey for a good few months....IMO the best keyboard out there.

A couple of my most common texts are predicted word for word, so in only a few button presses the whole text is done!

Now my free trial seems to be up I've tried going back, but all the others I have (swype/diopen ime/touch input/android keyboard/htc_ime mod) just take so much longer to type out a text for me.

Looks like I'll be buying the full version on payday :)

Upvote 0
I think swiftkey is awesome, really fast to type with.

the security question is standard and is just confiming that it can check your previous typing history to better allow it to predict your typing, which is the whole point of the app, so allow it, or dont use it.

One of the best apps out there if you ask me.

Upvote 0
I think swiftkey is awesome, really fast to type with.

the security question is standard and is just confiming that it can check your previous typing history to better allow it to predict your typing, which is the whole point of the app, so allow it, or dont use it.

One of the best apps out there if you ask me.

I wholeheartedly agree, swiftkey rocks!
050.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones