• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SwiftKey Beta update is up

There are two points where for me Swype wins over Swiftkey:

1. Continuous swipe/flow typing. With Swipe you can change the case of the letters as you swipe.

2. Swipe to enter symbols. No more longpress.

Everything else though, scores for Swiftkey. However those two features are pretty big. I hope that SK at least adds the swipe for symbols. Even Kii has that.

Swift key does have the one button punctuation thing, which I just did a terrible job of explaining, but you know what I am talking about, lol, and honestly that's good enough for me. The changing upper and lower case as you swipe sounds cool, but I doubt that I am coordinated to pull that off, lol.

Upvote 0
Lol hiredgun 🔫 can the you guys see the Google emoji on here? (I use the AF app and I can see them on that) 😸😞👍☺😼🐙🐑🐝🍴🐭🐴💨✌🍻😯💕🐒😜🐩🐕
Yeah true Clementine :thumbup:

hey funky, might be worth noting, your trolling emotes :p shows up in chrome/tapa on my device. however just shows up as boxes on chrome on my win 8 pc.

weird

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Very true, not everyone can read and speak funky's language whatever that may be :rofl:

I just figured it was too early, not enough coffee and his hungover slur with a thick heavy accent all getting in my way.

Most sites don't show emoji on a PC/laptop, just boxes. Twitter does show them now though.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
1. Continuous swipe/flow typing. With Swipe you can change the case of the letters as you swipe.

This is the feature I like the most about Swype. I used to use Kii in portrait orientation, but capitalising letters was not as convenient as with Swype.

2. Swipe to enter symbols. No more longpress.

This feature, I never really got into. I just long press the letter for the symbol.

Upvote 0
Always a party when Funky opens a thread, lol, but seriously I'd like to know what theme you guys are using. I've been playing around with them all afternoon, and I just can't decide which one I like best. Right now for me it's between Pumpkin, Sky and Forrest. I keep switching back and forth, really a lot of good one's to use, what are you guys using???

Upvote 0
I have been playing with this literally all afternoon, and it's like pulling teeth to get this thing to swype "too" instead of "to." Now I know it's only texting, and of course the other person obviously gets the meaning, but what can I say, I just a stickler for grammar I guess!! Anyone else having a problem with the too/to thing????

Upvote 0
Always a party when Funky opens a thread, lol, but seriously I'd like to know what theme you guys are using. I've been playing around with them all afternoon, and I just can't decide which one I like best. Right now for me it's between Pumpkin, Sky and Forrest. I keep switching back and forth, really a lot of good one's to use, what are you guys using???

Neon, the only good looking one :p

y7ydupe8.jpg

Upvote 0
I have been playing with this literally all afternoon, and it's like pulling teeth to get this thing to swype "too" instead of "to." Now I know it's only texting, and of course the other person obviously gets the meaning, but what can I say, I just a stickler for grammar I guess!! Anyone else having a problem with the too/to thing????

Yep, I can almost never get "too" to work. The other biggie for me is "for"; it almost always chooses "fur". I even removed "fur" from the auto-predict and it STILL chooses it.

Upvote 0
Yep, I can almost never get "too" to work. The other biggie for me is "for"; it almost always chooses "fur". I even removed "fur" from the auto-predict and it STILL chooses it.

Always nice to see someone from "Austin Country" here on the forum Jim!!! I haven't noticed that one yet, but I have found a "work around" for the "too" thing. If you use "me" before it, the keyboard will always choose the correct "too" and not "to." So maybe if we start to notice what "trigger" words give us the correct "too" we can share them here. Another thing that I did not know about the double letters but found out in searching the web for the "too" thing is this

"There is no need to make any special gesture in order to enter double characters. For example, to write "hello", just slide from the H to the E to the L to the O. SwiftKey Flow uses the context of what you are typing as well as the shape of your Flow in order to infer the word that you meant to type." This is taken directly from their web site and I am happy to report that it is accurate!!!!!!:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Always nice to see someone from "Austin Country" here on the forum Jim!!! I haven't noticed that one yet, but I have found a "work around" for the "too" thing. If you use "me" before it, the keyboard will always choose the correct "too" and not "to." So maybe if we start to notice what "trigger" words give us the correct "too" we can share them here. Another thing that I did not know about the double letters but found out in searching the web for the "too" thing is this

"There is no need to make any special gesture in order to enter double characters. For example, to write "hello", just slide from the H to the E to the L to the O. SwiftKey Flow uses the context of what you are typing as well as the shape of your Flow in order to infer the word that you meant to type." This is taken directly from their web site and I am happy to report that it is accurate!!!!!!:smokingsomb:

Thanks, but Austin is actually about 200 miles from Irving/Dallas. Texas is a BIG state! I don't have any trouble with other double letter words, just "to" and "too" that are both words with the double letters at the end. I'm trying to train myself to use "also" instead, but it's tough. As for "for" being replaced with "fur", I've even tried swiping off the keyboard to stay away from the 'u' but SwiftKey still insists on putting "fur" instead.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but Austin is actually about 200 miles from Irving/Dallas. Texas is a BIG state! I don't have any trouble with other double letter words, just "to" and "too" that are both words with the double letters at the end. I'm trying to train myself to use "also" instead, but it's tough. As for "for" being replaced with "fur", I've even tried swiping off the keyboard to stay away from the 'u' but SwiftKey still insists on putting "fur" instead.

Lol, I was referring to "The Texas Rattlesnake" "Stone Cold" Steve Austin!! A lot of very good wrestlers have come from Texas!! And you are not alone with the for/fur thing, I have seen a lot of people complain about it on the net looking for the to/too solution myself. I haven't had a problem with it yet, I guess I just don't use "for" at all, lol.:)

Reactions: JimSmith94
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones