1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Swiftkey flow beta lag

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shezzy, Feb 16, 2013.

1. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Through a suggestion somewhere in this forum I found swiftkey flow beta and I love it even more then swype. But I was wondering if any one else had a problem with the keyboard lagging/freezing after the phone has been on for say a day. I'm on GA10 and the keyboard will work great if its a fresh reboot but yeah after so many hours or maybe with other apps open.. the keyboard will take forever to load when using for say a txt message or what ever. Sometimes it will even just get stuck on the screen and freeze and I'm forced to keep hitting home/back button until it goes away. So I went back to swype.

I hear the beta ends Feb 28th so I'm hoping that the release version will not have this issue. Any one else experience it?

Advertisement

2. FLAWLESSVW

FLAWLESSVW Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Male
    Business Intelligence Analyst, SQL Developer
    Cleveland, OH
    I get a SMALL amount of lag with it very rarely but not like you're describing.

I do notice it takes a lot of RAM (the most out of ANY of my apps, usually >25-35MB) and I'll see it drag a$$ here and there but not too bad.

They've got a pretty active forum for the beta version. Have you checked anything out there? I really like the app, best keyboard I've used IMO.