1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Swiftkey keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidster13, Sep 24, 2010.

1. droidster13

droidster13 Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    I just bought Swiftkey after using the beta. It is a great keyboard. However I am having a new issue. I do have autocomplete and autoaccept set, as I did under the beta. Now however after I type in a period the autoaccept character is an 'I'. I assume this is because of the learn process. However, I want to actually enter a space after a period. Does anyone know how I can change this behavior to allow me to put in a space after a period?

Advertisement

2. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member
    None

May 23, 2010
    Bethesda MD
    I believe there's an option that says to always insert the suggested word when hitting space. This sometimes would happen to me as well, so I turned this off. I think that would solve your problem.

3. izzy35

izzy35 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    I've run into the same problem. The beauty of the app is being able to press "space" to insert predicted word, as it does it so nicely and adds a lot of speed to inputting. But I can't stand that I can't put an actual space after a word bc it automatically puts in the next predicted word when I press the "space" key. And for things like passwords or user names, it predicts it nicely but I get an error from the site I was entering the user name for bc of the space that's added AFTER the prediction is inserted...