• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SwiftKey on the incredible

Jeffruby

Android Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2009
I'm sure there are many topics about swiftkey on the incredible, but as a longstanding user of swype, gotta say that this method of text input may be the most efficient. Swype is great, but the damned landscape view is downright unusable. Kinda went back to stock for a while until I found this baby.

I kinda think typing on swype makes you go through phases. I had it since the day it came out and swore by it for such a long time. But eventually, a few things may get to you. One, as I mentioned earlier, the landscape keyboard stinks. Two, tap typing stinks. I started noticing that typing double letters gave me wrong words way too often. Then I noticed many times id swype a word, and some info box would pop up, informing me that I have a new word being used.... annoying! So, after an 8 month run of pure support, and feeling that I can never tap again, I have returned to stock mostly in landscape, then I found this keyboard. Just feels different using top middle as spacebar, but in doing this i literally type half the letters i otherwise did.

Upvote 0
I used Swype for quite a few months on my Nexus One. Used it for a little while on the Incredible and began to get annoyed by a handful of minor quirks that together just create more frustration than the keyboard is worth. I then tried out every keyboard I could find on the market. I ended up sticking with Smart Keyboard Pro. I like Smart Keyboard Pro more than anything now. It's so customizable and I feel very comfortable typing on it with the phone in portrait position after changing some of the settings in the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones