1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

swiftkey x beta

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by abezzilla99, May 27, 2011.

1. abezzilla99

abezzilla99 Well-Known Member

just wondering if anyone else is having problems using this, after going through the setup proccess with numerous FCs it keeps force closing and i cant use it. is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

Had the same problem, just went back to sype.

3. dautley

dautley Android Expert

Haven't had any issues but they did just issue another update in the market, version 2.0.2.26

4. gaetawoo

gaetawoo Guest

i haven't had formal FC's but at random times, the keyboard will just close on me and cannot be reopened. personally, i think it takes longer to type with swiftkey than with swype (as long as swype is working quickly and correctly) because you have to keep your eyes on the 3 predictions instead of the keyboard and you have to key tapping and going backand forth from them. it's ok if it predicts your whole sentence... but with only 3 visible choices, it is not often that happens. i've never understood why they only show 3. the standard keyboard shows a ton more. that would be much better in my mind. also, swype and swiftkey's voice to text is pretty aweful. Vlingo has easily the best.

I want someone to combine swiftkey's prediction, swype's entry style, and vlingo's voice to text into one perfect keyboard.

5. benwalburn

benwalburn Android Enthusiast

I downloaded the current version and i'm getting force closes.

6. KuroTsubasa

KuroTsubasa Member

FC's over here too. Setup and settings work, but the keyboard itself will FC on open. Submitted an error report. Let's hope they fix it, it's just a beta right now after all.

7. FC's here. i cannot find a working swype apk for the life of me . help a brother out?

8. benwalburn

Download the installer from the swipe website

9. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

Sywpe.beta.com or beta.swype.com not sure which but i think its still open to everybody.

10. benwalburn

It's beta.swype.com. you have to register, but it's worth it. You can google "evo swipe apk" and that will work, but it isn't as good as the beta

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews