1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Swiftkey X & S Pen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by steffy65, Apr 17, 2012.

1. steffy65

steffy65 Lurker

Hi,

Just got me a Galaxy Note on the weekend and loving it so far. Through reading some of the posts, I discovered SwiftKey X...

Love the keyboard, but it seems to now stop me from using my s pen in some places or give me the option to use it..

I can't seem to use it in messaging and Polaris Office (Word). Is there a way to fix this is is it one or the other?

I don't use the pen heaps, but do find it useful in some places... Wento show my Note off and it didn't work :(

Can anyone help me (I'm a newbie, so easy on me)..

cheers

Steffy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Android Enthusiast

What exactly do you mean when you say it stops you from using the s-pen? Stops you in what way? I use SwiftKey and think it's awesome and I use my s-pen anywhere I want to. If you could clarify what you mean I'm sure you'll get some help. :)

3. ppsp

ppsp Newbie

I don't believe you're able to handwrite with the S-Pen if you are using SwiftKey. I didn't find any way to do it unfortunately.

4. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Android Enthusiast

Quite true. This seems to be a feature of the standard keyboard. Can't say that I miss it though since I have been using swiftkey for months now and did not notice its absence ;)

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.

5. steffy65

steffy65 Lurker

Hi

Thanks to all the replies, yes I have to basically switch back to the normal keyboard to get the little writing screen up... like when I am texting.

But swiftkey is awesome, so can live with the issue.

cheers

s

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews