1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

swipe from bottom of screen shortcuts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adamck4, Sep 25, 2014.

1. adamck4

adamck4 Newbie

Is there any way to entirely disable this? I often find myself scrolling through pages and accidentally touching the screen too low. [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Uninstall Voice Mate, Google Search, and QuickMemo.

There might be an Xposed module that can disable it too...

3. adamck4

adamck4 Newbie

I did delete them all, but the search is still there. Unless there's some obscurely named app enabling the search.

4. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

If you have greenify installed, the search shortcut will open the hibernate now function. There's also the lgsearchprovider app.

5. adamck4

adamck4 Newbie

I don't have greenify. And I don't see any app with search in the name, in app master and in the system app list, unless it's got some unrelated name.

6. Gendo420

Gendo420 Android Enthusiast

There it's an Xposed module called LG Pie Support that can disable that completely

7. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Nope...Google Search, Voice Mate, QuickMemo, and LGSearchWidgetProvider. Remove those and the ring goes bye bye.

8. adamck4

adamck4 Newbie

Module fixed it, thanks guys. Still not sure why I couldn't find the app to uninstall.

9. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

So do you have to be rooted to get rid of this thing? I don't find an "LG Pie Support" under All Apps to disable.

10. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Yes, you have to be rooted. 'LG Pie Support' is and Xposed Framework module that allows you to control it. I find it to be really annoying that they didn't provide a way to turn that off in the stock system.

Also, uninstalling the apps that are linked on the ring will disable it. That will also require root.

11. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

Yes, this phone allows you to get rid of the annoying Q-slide (unlike the F3) which is awesome. No good deed left unpunished - so they force the new useless and annoying "pie" garbage! :mad:
    Maybe someday LG will get the bright idea that not everyone likes what they think is helpful and allow the disabling of such shovel-ware. :(

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews