• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swipe lock screen not working

crossmr

Nov 3, 2012
Spam Prison
I use go launcher. I've used it for years between this phone and my s3. Never had this problem. Suddenly when my lock screen is set to swipe as it's always been it acts like I've set it to none. Instead of a screen coming up that I need to swipe to open my phone it just opens. I tried restarting. The first time I pushed a button the swipe screen came up, but doesn't come up anymore. I tried changing it. Screens with a code work fine, switch back to swipe and it doesn't work properly. This started in the last couple days. What's going on?

My girlfriend and I had the same issue (Samsung Galaxy S3 and Sony Xperia Z2). After some research we found the solution for us:
It was the App "GO Weather EX" which seem to have an own lockscreen and causing issues with the android default lock screen swipe.

If you also have that app you have to go to the settings of go weather ex and select "display" and then activate the go weather ex lockscreen once and directly deactivate it again. After that the normal android swipe locksreen is working again.
Maybe also GO Launcher can cause this as this is from the same developer but I am not using it.

Reactions: crossmr
Upvote 0
My girlfriend and I had the same issue (Samsung Galaxy S3 and Sony Xperia Z2). After some research we found the solution for us:
It was the App "GO Weather EX" which seem to have an own lockscreen and causing issues with the android default lock screen swipe.

If you also have that app you have to go to the settings of go weather ex and select "display" and then activate the go weather ex lockscreen once and directly deactivate it again. After that the normal android swipe locksreen is working again.
Maybe also GO Launcher can cause this as this is from the same developer but I am not using it.
I have this app, but I can't find any lock screen in go weather ex.

I open the app, go to settings, and then display and notification, and there is nothing in there that looks like "lock screen".

Upvote 0
401cf54bfa9eb9cade2e4ae748f2607d.jpg
this is what I see

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones