1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Swipe lock screen not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crossmr, May 25, 2016.

1. crossmr

crossmr Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Male
    Education
    Seoul, South Korea
    I use go launcher. I've used it for years between this phone and my s3. Never had this problem. Suddenly when my lock screen is set to swipe as it's always been it acts like I've set it to none. Instead of a screen coming up that I need to swipe to open my phone it just opens. I tried restarting. The first time I pushed a button the swipe screen came up, but doesn't come up anymore. I tried changing it. Screens with a code work fine, switch back to swipe and it doesn't work properly. This started in the last couple days. What's going on?

Advertisement

2. TheDawnBringer

None

May 25, 2016
    Male
    I just started having this exact same problem, too. I'm a bit relieved that it's not just my phone, but it's still stressful. I wonder what's up?

3. Marcel K

Marcel K Lurker
    None

May 25, 2016
    Ludwigshafen am Rhein
    My girlfriend and I had the same issue (Samsung Galaxy S3 and Sony Xperia Z2). After some research we found the solution for us:
    It was the App "GO Weather EX" which seem to have an own lockscreen and causing issues with the android default lock screen swipe.

If you also have that app you have to go to the settings of go weather ex and select "display" and then activate the go weather ex lockscreen once and directly deactivate it again. After that the normal android swipe locksreen is working again.
    Maybe also GO Launcher can cause this as this is from the same developer but I am not using it.

crossmr likes this.
  4. TheDawnBringer

None

May 25, 2016
    Male
    The problem was the Go Weather EX app, so thank you for the advice. It must've got screwy from the app's updates because when I went to check the "Lock Screen Display" option, the box was already unchecked. I had to check it and then uncheck it again for my swipe screen to return to normal.

Thanks again.

5. crossmr

Nov 3, 2012
    Male
    Education
    Seoul, South Korea
    I have this app, but I can't find any lock screen in go weather ex.

I open the app, go to settings, and then display and notification, and there is nothing in there that looks like "lock screen".

6. Marcel K

Marcel K Lurker
    None

May 25, 2016
    Ludwigshafen am Rhein
    Hmmm.. so for me the second option under "display and notification" is "Show lock screen"

7. crossmr

Nov 3, 2012
    Male
    Education
    Seoul, South Korea
    [​IMG] this is what I see

8. crossmr

Nov 3, 2012
    Male
    Education
    Seoul, South Korea
    Apparently my app was not updated properly. I uninstalled, problem fixed, reinstalled and have a totally different settings screen. It's there now

9. TheDawnBringer

None

May 25, 2016
    Male
    Glad you figured it out.

I ended up uninstalling Go Weather EX because the problem persisted regardless of what I did. I downloaded a new weather app and couldn't be happier to be done with this nuisance of a problem.

I hope other's have better luck.

10. crossmr

Nov 3, 2012
    Male
    Education
    Seoul, South Korea
    Well it's working intermittently. Maybe I have to uninstall it. What app did you try? Does it have a 4x2 widget?

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.