• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swipe to Answer Phone: Alternatives?

Lobalobo

Jan 8, 2010
The one complaint I have about the Nexus One is the difficulty in swiping to answer a call. There have been similar complaints about the Droid. (See this thread: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/38273-problem-swiping-answer-droid-phone-calls.html .) Is there a solution for the Nexus One? When the phone is ringing, I just want to press the top button to answer. Can this be programmed? I don't have Bluetooth headset yet, but I assume I can at least answer from that when I have it on. Is that right? Thanks.

The one complaint I have about the Nexus One is the difficulty in swiping to answer a call. There have been similar complaints about the Droid. (See this thread: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/38273-problem-swiping-answer-droid-phone-calls.html .) Is there a solution for the Nexus One? When the phone is ringing, I just want to press the top button to answer. Can this be programmed? I don't have Bluetooth headset yet, but I assume I can at least answer from that when I have it on. Is that right? Thanks.

i have been wondering the same thing. i would love to be able to use the trackball somehow.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it is the same for answering the phone but if it is like the unlock swipe then you'll notice that if you touch the bar which you have to swipe then a dot appears where you need to swipe it too. Instead of swiping you can quickly tap the dot as you take your finger off the swipe and this unlocks the phone.

Maybe not much easier depending on how you hold your phone but something to try.

Upvote 0
Doesn't matter if you hate it.. It's proven fact that swiping prevents accidental pickups or killing your call b4 you anwser :D

So shuush.. be happy

Think about this for a second. Proximity sensor to turn off display, thus the phone cannot be answered in a pocket/case without you taking it out to answer. Then you could have a simple press to answer button on the screen or something similar.

I think that would be a good alternative. I do agree that swipe to answer would be hard to do in a pocket or something like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones