1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Swipe to call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xacto, Dec 20, 2012.

1. xacto

xacto Member

Hey everyone.. A strange behavior of my international S3 (not rooted) : every once in a while when I swipe a contact to initiate a phone call, when I take the phone off my ear, the screen stays black and I cannot do anything till the other party hangs up.

For instance, if I want to hang up the phone, I can't do it cause screen is black and it won't turn on not even if I press the home button or the on/off button.

The only thing that makes screen responsive is if the other party hangs up. So that means a restart a day for my phone.. Anyone encountered this problem before?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

never heard of an issue like that to test u can set up the power button to end calls and see if that helps.

3. xacto

xacto Member

It seems my proximity sensor was acting weird, since at times my screen wouldn't time out when I put the phone to my ear and sometimes it would turn off right after initiating a call, never giving me an option to end the call, or show the keypad or anything usable on the screen.

I took out the battery and now it seems to be working fine... But still, it's troubling me...

4. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

try and return it and claim warranty.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews