1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Swipe to read article"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MoodyBlues, Feb 2, 2019.

1. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

In the alerts from the NBC4LA app, after the blurb for what it's about, the last sentence will be something like, "Swipe to read article" or "Swipe to learn more:"

Screenshot_20190201-192803.png

Being an Android app and everything, guess what happens when you swipe it? You're right, it doesn't take you to the article, it makes the alert DISAPPEAR! :rolleyes:

Can I safely assume that that other mobile OS--the one with less than half as many users as Android--would take you to the article by swiping its alert? If so, why don't the people working on the ANDROID app realize they're putting the wrong instructions on its alerts? :oops:

lunatic59, Unforgiven and olbriar like this.
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Well what do you know. I swiped and I learned more. What i learned was that those 'other' devices are programmed by ... what's the Latin term? Oh yes, doofus ignorami. I had a notice on my lock screen (iPad ... sorry, need it for work :p) about a new podacst being available (Car Talk ... Click and Clack, the Tappit brothers ;) ) so i swiped it and it gave me the option to view or delete. So I selected view, entered my PIN to unlock it and just like magic, it opened ... my MLB app? Huh?

3. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Easy just tap on it :D

4. Milo Willamson

Funny, really laughing out loud hahahaaa :D

5. MoodyBlues

Love it! :D
    So my gut instinct was correct...
    ...so my gut instinct was sort of correct. Huh? Bizarre...

Milo Willamson likes this.
  6. Milo Willamson

It is strange how our gut is always on the buzzer.

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I'd still like to know how the podcast notice got me to MLB ... maybe it's a spring training omen? Pitchers and catchers report NEXT WEEK!!! (Yay!)

8. MoodyBlues

Well, look at this! Maybe enough people--including me, of course :D--informed them of the error of their ways. Note how it no longer says 'swipe to read' but says 'open app':

Screenshot_20190215-121340.png