• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swipe Water Ripple Effect it's slow at the Lock Screen

dreamb0yz

Jun 6, 2012
someone happend this problem before? after the screen timeout , and i want to use my Samsung Galaxy S3 , i press the button at right of my iphone, and when i touch the screen , the rippling water effect ir's slow about 5 - 10 second, and back to normal again, is this normal? or someone have solution about this ? please help , i will Thanks to you if you really can solved my problem or giving a comment or solution ... :D Thanks :D

Never heard of this problem before. I would expect to see this if using SetCPU screen off profile and setting the maximum to 100MHz or 200MHz. Other than that, no idea.

i don't know how?
the screen the water effect it's slow reflecting when we touch the screen , usually the water reflect when we touch isn'it ? it's slow ... and maybe this is appear recent when i open many software and multitask bar
this appear randomly ...

Are you clearing up your multitask bar and/or clearing the RAM from the task manager?
sometimes i do, and i don't know which program for clear or cleaning too good for android... there's any recommended?

Upvote 0
guys, lookslike this problem occured recently when i open some software, and the display is turn off and go to lock screen, the swipe screen ripple effect suddenly slow, any good software for clean or clear ? Thanks
It could be going slow because when the screen turns off in a program the phone will open the program agian when you unlock it, This happened on my Iphone 4S as well with certain apps.

Upvote 0
Honestly they say this is "the fastest phone on the market" when my iPhone 4 never lagged at any point.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Android more than the iPhone, but the iPhone just did everything so nicely without ever crashing/slowing down itself...

same reason Mac computers can seemingly outperform more powerful PC counterparts...

apple controls the entire package from hardware to software...everything is designed and manufactured to work with specific hardware/software combinations...

also...lets be honest with ourselves...your iPhone has lagged..it happens...ive seen my brother's 4s lag...my sisters..my moms...my dads...my iPad2 will do it occasionally...it happens no matter what device you have...

Upvote 0
settings...Developer Options...Window Animation Scale...set to off or 0.5x.

settings...Developer Options...Transition Animation Scale...set to off or 0.5x.

i wish people would stop posting this as ways to "speed up" our phones...it does NOTHING to increase performance except quicken the animations...the actual processes take the exact same amount of time

this is especially irrelevant when dealing with the OP's issue of a laggy ripple effect...

Upvote 0
same reason Mac computers can seemingly outperform more powerful PC counterparts...

apple controls the entire package from hardware to software...everything is designed and manufactured to work with specific hardware/software combinations...

also...lets be honest with ourselves...your iPhone has lagged..it happens...ive seen my brother's 4s lag...my sisters..my moms...my dads...my iPad2 will do it occasionally...it happens no matter what device you have...

Makes sense.

And sure, every device lags, but this phone seems to lag every single day. It's lagging right now as we speak actually.
I'm clearing my ram and it's still chilling at 750mb. Now, if I restart my phone it will drop down to 4xx mb. But shouldn't clearing it restore it back to normal, normal as if the phone was just turned on?

Upvote 0
Makes sense.

And sure, every device lags, but this phone seems to lag every single day. It's lagging right now as we speak actually.
I'm clearing my ram and it's still chilling at 750mb. Now, if I restart my phone it will drop down to 4xx mb. But shouldn't clearing it restore it back to normal, normal as if the phone was just turned on?

what is lagging exactly?

Upvote 0
This happens to me sometimes. Only a reboot seeks to fix the issue for me. I think it's definitely related to some set of events occurring/some apps opening. I haven't tried killing tasks to fix it. Surprised not many others haven't experienced it.

The problem isn't really that the ripple effect is lagging; it's that the animation runs super slow. It works as normal, nice and smooth, but the actual drops/waves animate in slow-motion instead of normal speed.

Upvote 0
I have only noticed it happen two or three times since I got my phone on 7/6, I have always just rebooted my phone to fix. Sounds like it is happening to you more often? I would try to make a mental note of what you were just doing on the phone before it happens, then see if you can recreate it. We need to know the cause before we can fix anything. I think it's related to using some app in a certain way, like browser, but it's happened to me so few times I've never noted what I was actually doing right before, but I seem to remember I thought I had been doing the same thing each time. I also seem to remember it would be normal forever and then go slow all of a sudden, then wouldn't go back to normal without a reboot. Since it happens all of a sudden in the middle of use, that also leads me to believe something I was doing triggered it.

Upvote 0
someone happend this problem before? after the screen timeout , and i want to use my Samsung Galaxy S3 , i press the button at right of my iphone, and when i touch the screen , the rippling water effect ir's slow about 5 - 10 second, and back to normal again, is this normal? or someone have solution about this ? please help , i will Thanks to you if you really can solved my problem or giving a comment or solution ... :D Thanks :D

Just got my S3 and ran into this problem. Scroll down from the top of the phone to see the notifications screen (where you can enable/disable wireless and bloetooth), and uncheck the "Power Saving" Option. That should do it. It solved it for me ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones