• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SwipePad and Google NOW

balow

Nov 21, 2009
Ok here is my situation, I'm running Jelly Bean and google now is overriding how SwipePad works. SwipePad designates a zone on the edge of your screen that once swipped brings up a quick launcher with apps that you can launch.

My problem is that for me the best zone was the bottom of the screen so a swipe up from the bottom of the screen would activate SwipePad, but with google now it no longer works.

I tried renaming the velvet.apk file which is the google now apk this does disable google now, unfortunately swipe pad still will not work. All other zones work with this app just not the one I use. I tried emailing the developer but no response. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So I need help or ideas.
Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones