1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Swiping on Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sycobob, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sycobob

Sycobob Well-Known Member

My girlfriends Captivate let's her swipe left or right over a contact to quickly text or call them. Is there a similar functionality on other phones, specifically the Photon? I did a little searching, and it seems like it might be a Captivate only option.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Android Enthusiast

Probably a Captivate/Samsung/TouchWiz feature only. The Photon only takes one more step (selecting the contact) before you can choose the action you want to do (call, email, text, etc.).

3. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Open contacts>Long Press & Hold on Contact>Choose what you want to do (e.g. call, text).

Sorry, no email listed on pop-up (thought there was).

4. Sycobob

Yea I know how it works on the Photon, I was just wondering if there was a way to get the swipe left/right.

5. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Yeah, that's the only "quick" access function I know of. There may be an app or launcher that actually allows you to use swype gestures for those purposes though.

I've never had a need for that, so unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to lead you onto an app that could get you that function. Hopefully, someone else that has tried different apps can chime in.

Funny enough, I just did a quick search and found this app:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.riverstonelabs.swipecontacts&feature=search_result

6. Sycobob

I haven't looked at the Market yet, I was curious if it was possible to get it on the stock app.

Motorola Photon 4G Forum

The Motorola Photon 4G release date was August 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2011
Release Date
Reviews