• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swiping / Scrolling issues in games.

Norsten

Lurker
Oct 7, 2021
Has anyone experience any issues when quickly swiping or scrolling in games ?

I have posted some information and videos on it on reddit... https://www.reddit.com/user/Stanleyjello

Swiping/scrolling quickly in apps (non-games) works fine, also using a s-pen in games works fine -but when you use your finger then thats when things go weird (swiping slowly works -but not when you do it fast).

(note: swiping and scrolling fast works fine on my other Samsung devices -but is very noticeable on the Fold 3 and does affect gameplay). This is my second device now as the first had these issues as well.

I have also contacted Samsung (but I am still waiting to hear from them).

Would anyone here be able to confirm they are experiencing these issues as well ?

Could someone either download GolfBlitz or FruitNinja2 to see if they are getting the same issues like I was in the videos.

Cheers

what games? what apps do you see this?

so far for me, i do not have any issues. i have noticed that some apps do not work well on the big screen. but if i close the phone and use the front screen everything works fine. the Wells Fargo app is a case in point. i have setup within WF to unlock using my fingerprint.....but i can only do this on the front screen. on the big screen i have to enter my email and password to get into the app.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
this is not an official samsung forum so no one is entitled to help you out or respond. as a new member who just signed up, being passive aggressive is not a good way to garner any help at this point. :thinking:

regardless if you get response's or not, if the product does not live up to your expectations, you should absolutely return it.

who you should contact is the devs of the programs you are using. not all games, apps, will work with all devices.

best of luck finding the device that meets and/or exceeds your needs and desires. ;)

Upvote 0
Didn't seem to be much response to your Reddit post either. Maybe because hardly anyone has this particular phone, and therefore hardly any responses.
just an fyi.......the z fold 3 and flip 3 have been shattering sales records, since the phone's release. so i would not say that hardly no one has this phone:mad::p:mad::D:mad::p:D

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Okay, my S Pen has gone 100% wonky.

It started when I replaced the Samsung flip case with the Spigen Thin Fit P. The S Pen works great for a few seconds... then it starts selecting every it hovers above. From a height of 1/2 inch (13mm), it's selecting and scrolling like crazy! Imagine how many letters and characters get picked up just trying to type "allow".

Swipe typing is OFF. I changed keyboards. I rebooted into recovery to clear system cache in case something was hung up in the digitizer. Same problem!

The only thing left to troubleshoot was the case. I removed the front panel (the one that holds the S Pen). Guess what? So far, it's working fine! Now I have to figure out why that plastic frame (which doesn't touch a single control) would affect the S Pen when my finger types just fine.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones