• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switch clocks or remove it entirely?

Yeah. Long press on it, and then drag it to the "Remove" box at the bottom. Go to the "+" icon on the bottom right corner, and add either an Android or an HTC widget clock. I use the tiny rectangular, digital clock as it's just as easy to read as that humongous, default one, and it sits in the middle of my home screen, using less space so I can have a little more room for more shortcuts to apps.

Or, you don't need it at all and the digital time on the top right of the screen is good enough for you.

Reactions: <3phone
Upvote 0
I don't even have a clock widget anymore. Is it that hard to see the time in the upper right hand corner? I'd rather use my space for more important apps/widgets than one that is already telling me something I know. Just like a battery meter app, why? You have a battery meter in the upper right hand corner at all times. But, that's my opinion. :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, Beautiful Widgets is back on the market ... and definitely worth the 0.99 Euros. Very nice looking design, and with the latest release the clock face is skinnable, so there are lots of different looks available.

My favorite clock overall, though is an app called Analogy Clock -- check it out. A widget version is supposedly in development, and when it appears it's going straight to my home screen.

Analogy Clock v1.1.0 Application for Android | Lifestyle

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones