• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switch from G to 4G is tough

tyneusch

Nov 27, 2009
Midwest
I have a one month old HTC One X here in the US, so it is NOT a T3. I love this phone more than any that I have owned and have had 0 issues to this point.

I have, however, noticed that when I move from an area of no 4G service back into an area of 4G service, my phone continues to show that I am in a 1G or 3 G service area or even ex service. The way I am alleviating this is by turning on airplane mode and then turning it back off and my phone will switch back to 4G. Is anyone having this issue with their one x? I am assuming it is just a radio issue and I am not really that upset about it, just annoyed sometimes.

Thanks in Advance

mine can tend to take a few seconds to update to show that it's in service again, but only takes a few seconds. I assume it does this because it periodically checks to see if there is coverage again instead of doing it constantly (and thus it takes a few seconds to update to show coverage). I have tested this with an area on campus where I know I get 0 service and it will take anywhere from 1-15 seconds to show service again after I leave that area.

Upvote 0
I have, however, noticed that when I move from an area of no 4G service back into an area of 4G service, my phone continues to show that I am in a 1G or 3 G service area or even ex service.

I really hope it doesn't show 1G capability, seeing as that was the precursor to GSM/CDMA (2G) and was phased out many years ago.

I still remember the old 1G phones. When they called them a brick, it was because they really were the size of a brick.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones