• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switch from HTC Wildfire S?

eniomel

Lurker
Jan 14, 2012
Hey guys, I have the virgin mobile plan and HTC Wildfire S phone. The phone is fine for me but the lack of internal storage is absolutely a killer. I'm constantly clearing cache and such and it's becoming a complete pain.

I'm thinking of switching over to the triumph because it offers a faster cpu, more internal storage, bigger screen etc etc

The thing is, I see reviews complaining of glitches to the hardware, bad battery etc etc.

Are these actual problems that would make you guys recommend me to stay with the wildfire instead of switching over?

As a side night, I tried rooting my phone but being a complete noob I have no idea what's going wrong. I got the S-Off, but after completing the rooting through a program I have no clue if it worked or not. I don't know how to do the recovery thing. It's just a big blur to me and I'm surprised I got as far as I did.

But if the triumph really is a better phone than the wildfire I'm definitely willing to switch.

One more thing, is Android 2.2 really that much of a downgrade from 2.3?

Okay, I guess I'll just keep my wildfire until then. I would really be pleased if I could just get this rooting thing to work so I can get Link2SD then I won't have any problems.

EDIT : Got the rooting to work as well as Link2SD so I will not be switching over, although, thank you for alerting me about the new phones coming out as I might check them out instead.

Upvote 0
I absolutely hated my Wildfire S, and I've been very happy since switching over to the Triumph. I do agree, though, that you should wait for this summer's new phones to come out before making up your mind. If I do decide to switch, I'm waiting until Black Friday before getting a new phone. Virgin had some terrific sales last year on BF.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones