• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switch launchers to fix JB Lag

I tried using a different launcer and every single one that I tried Go, and Nova had the same issue...either the launcher created it's own tray icons for me to use (GOlauncher) or it just removed ALL the tray icons Nova...

this of course happened when I went to bed so I couldn't call in to work 30 minutes before to report tardy because the wifey decided to turn off my alarm...

Upvote 0
I tried using a different launcer and every single one that I tried Go, and Nova had the same issue...either the launcher created it's own tray icons for me to use (GOlauncher) or it just removed ALL the tray icons Nova...

this of course happened when I went to bed so I couldn't call in to work 30 minutes before to report tardy because the wifey decided to turn off my alarm...

Nova imported mine just fine. Had place holders on the home pages for the widgets to add them back in as well. Couldn't recommend Nova any more.

Upvote 0
I got rid of the tray icons entirely, so I can't comment on that.

But I do love everything else about Nova. It's so smooth, and very rarely does it get the jitters (as opposed to stock, which did every time you exit an app).

I love the customization, too - overlapping widgets and icons, along with being able to change icons and grid size is so clutch.

Upvote 0
+ 1 here for Nova as well. I use it with HD Widgets and some of the stock widgets as well. Very smooth and I love the cube transistions. I also like making folders that show four app icons in the folder cover. I never did like the circle folders with stacked app icons. I haven't played at all with re-sizing or overlapping widgets. I also really like the scrolling tray. I have yet to program or use any gestures though (I eventually upgraded to Nova Prime).

Upvote 0
Nova smoother then Apex?

To me Apex feels a little smoother than Nova, but Nova is faster in transition in default scroll speed setting. But if you set the minimum scrolling speed to 10 in Apex setting, Apex moves at incredibly fast speed. I am using Holo launcher HD now and it's very smooth. Feels even smoother than Apex and love tablet style transition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones