1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

switch sd card to 64 gb

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Haywire, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Haywire

Haywire Android Enthusiast

Will the droid be able to handle the 64gb sd card? I found one I have laying around and thought I might put it in there. Now, before I do I was wondering.. I'm rooted, will changing sd cards do anything to that?

Also, aside from maybe the root files there really isnt much else on my sd card so I'm not really worried about losing anyhting.. I'd just rather hve 64 gb then the 16 in there now!

2. haystak

haystak Newbie

Droid only accepts microSD and the largest microSD card you can get is 32GB.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Haywire

Are you sure? It went into mine fine and I already ran a back up on the sdcard once.. Can someone confirm/deny this?

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga

You sure its 64gb? Only place i see 64gb microsd cards is ebay and I dont trust that they are real for a second.

5. Bramsy

Bramsy Android Expert

has haywire gone haywire?

6. Haywire

oh wait a min, its a 64 mb not gb.. ha ha ha.. apparently I did go haywire.. (face palm)

7. Bramsy

Bramsy Android Expert

8. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

L-O-Freakin'-L! :D

...I saw this coming from your first post, was glad to see you figured it out. :)

I found a 16MB SD card this morning in one of my desk drawers, thought it was a spare 16GB for a second, so I know how you feel. :)

9. Haywire

Ha ha yeah, I got excited when I thought I happend to stumble upon such a find.. Now, back to my regularly crappy luck! lol!

10. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Android Enthusiast

Ohhhh the disappointment! lol

11. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

That is hilarious!
    Droid only supports up to 32GB anyway

12. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

I think it's more that there's no 64GB MicroSD cards out there at the moment. I would expect them to work with the Droid when they come out, but this is pure speculation.

OH WOW GUYS! I just found a 256 gigabyte... nevermind. :D

13. DjOutlaw32

DjOutlaw32 Member

hhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha. THIS needs to be stickied!!!

14. Nbcrompton

Nbcrompton Newbie

They make 16mb microsd cards Why????

15. kryptonyt

kryptonyt Well-Known Member

16. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Apparently (from a thread in the Lounge) the Bionic can take the new 64GB microSDXC cards and they work! I imagine all phones from here on out will support it. SO much for high capacity: but I'm not sure about the SPEED of the card.

EDIT: According to the SanDisk website, the 64GB card sports a 30MB/sec read speed. Write speeds slightly lower, but I'm confident that it would read/write 1080P video smoothly.

kryptonyt likes this.
  17. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Android Enthusiast

lol, I googled android phones & 64gb cards, and found this thread, it made my day :D

18. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member

Man it doesn't seem all that long ago when we were all screamin that the 32gb card was too much at $200+. Quick check and, Yup, 32gb card at amazon for less than $40. Too bad none of us had patience.:D

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews