• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switch to vibrate during meetings (busy)?

Telstar_2112

Dec 19, 2009
Can anyone recommend a good app for automatically switching to a profile based on corporate calendar (or Touchdown Exchange) "busy" setting to avoid ringing during meetings. It should switch back at the end of the meeting to the previous profile that was in use.

Will Locale do this? The user comments are not too great for that program and it wasn't clear if it would do this so I was hoping to find something else.

"Phonealarm" on my old Windows Mobile phone was a great program that did this and allowed tons of other settings as well but does not seem to be slated for development for android.

TIA
Telstar.

Try "Settings Profiles". Its in the market for 3 bucks I think. Can switch profiles based on calendar keywords,I haven't tried corporate calendar but the reg calendar works just fine. It will reset to default profile when time is up. Has lots of features included that you would pay extra for with locale.

Upvote 0
Tasker has a Profile State for Calendar Entry which if matched can perform various different tasks like silence mode, including additional tasks to set alarm and media volumes to zero since the native android silent mode doesn't do alarm and media volume.

This is the first time I've took the Tasker Calendar State out for a spin myself since there is so much other stuff Tasker can do. However, I don't have access to my Exchange Calendar via Android so I have to use Google Calendar Sync to sync my work calendar with a Google Calendar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones