1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Switched from K-9 to Maildroid. Have some questions.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by hkay1, May 27, 2011.

1. hkay1

hkay1 Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Hi There.

Does anyone out there know maildroid well? I just switched from K-9. I was annoyed with a few things, especially a problem that it always told me I had two times the number of new emails than I did have, and a couple of other things... I thought I would try something else. The stock Android mail client just never did cut it:

I have a few questions:

1) is there a way to get notifications to tell you how many new, unread emails have come in

2) why do certain mails revert to "unread" even though I have read them?

3) is there anyway to have two different shortcuts/icons on my home screen - that open each of my maildroid accounts separately? I would also like separate notification icons in the task bar? (I could do this in K-9)

4) what does the little icon that looks like a ripped piece of paper in the message list view mean?

5) is there any way to eliminate date headers before each days worth of email? (Today, Yesterday, Wed, etc). They take up more space so I can see fewer mails in my list.

Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I can't help you with the Maildroid questions as I only used it for about a week and ran into the same issues you have; I just wanted to make you aware of the latest K-9 update that purports to fix a lot of bugs. The update was, I believe, 2 or 3 days ago, so if you haven't tried it, you might want. to.

I'm sure there are Maildroiders who can help you with your questions about MailDroid.

3. maildroiddev

maildroiddev Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    1. Not in notifications, just on the accounts screen
    2. I have never heard this from anyone. If you want to discuss it more, please email me.
    3. This is coming.
    4. It means that the connection to the mail server was lost for that moment, but the change you made was queued to sync.
    5. No, this is by design at this time.

hkay1 likes this.
  4. hkay1

hkay1 Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks!

1. This would be VERY useful. I think its the one feature I really miss from K-9
    2) It's happened twice now. I will let you know if it happens again.. It was weird.
    3) GREAT
    4) Thanks.
    5) Hmmm... It would be really good that if in options you could get rid of that. For me it is much more annoying than useful.

Thanks for being on this forum! If you are looking for people to survey about features and functions, please include me.

5. enganear

enganear Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    I cannot search my Exchange contacts from my Galaxy Nexus and Maildroid Pro, I have submitted the report. Is this a missing feature or am I doing something wrong?

6. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    QA Admin
    SoCal
    Have you emailed the dev or posted on his forum?