• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

switched from moto droid to palm pre

cshipp17

Lurker
Apr 16, 2010
didnt really want to but my moto droid suffered serious damage during a penguin game...
there really is no comparison between android and palm os...
but the palm cost much less and has Hotspot...
i will try the htc phone that comes out soon...
the palm is much lighter and has a nice feel but needs android os !

I switched also, but am missing all my apps from the Droid, I just wish development picked up on the Pre's. I mean I can start learning stuff but I get confused! :p

Good price and since I have to pay for the girlfriends tethering on her BB I got her one also.

I've even sold SO many Palm Pre's at my location. Surprised at how good they are going, but I guess the price (49.99 no rebate) is the biggest seller, plus not having to pay $40 a month for hotspot!

Upvote 0
Wow, webOS a smooth experience? LOL! You mean a sloooooowww, lagggyyyyy, experience. Honestly, the best thing about it is the cardview and even that is getting played out now. Memory management is also pretty poor compared to Android IMO. If Android incorporates a cardview-like multitasking feature (like when long pressing the home button), it's game over.

Upvote 0
As is yours and everyone else's. People put all kinds of crazy things in sigs <ahem>

Signatures are a reflection of their users. :D

Anyone else think long pressing on the 3D 2.1 App drawer is virtually useless with its "card" display of dinky icons representing each home screen?

I think it's kinda handy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones