• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switched ROM's - questions

Squiggy

Android Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
I switched from Fresh 2.0d To DamageControl 2.0.7 today. Wiped the phone, Dalvik and ext beforehand. My question is this:

I was using apps2sd with the last ROM, and I want to use it now. Does it automatically kick in when switching ROMs? If not, what do I need to do? I am absolutely stupid today and did not do a Titanium or nandroid backup before wiping, if that makes a difference.

One other question: How do I see all of the apps I've downloaded from the Market? Only 1/16 are showing, if that.

Thanks! Any idea about my second question?

well, after wiping, only your paid apps and apps you've already downloaded will show up, free apps won't show up until you re-download them. Even if you restore them using titanium backup or a similar program, the free ones won't show up in the downloads section of the market, until you re-download them. At least, that's how it always worked for me, and I'm not entirely positive on paid apps as I don't have any paid apps (WAY too poor and cheap for that lol)

Reactions: Squiggy
Upvote 0
So question, If i wanna switch ROMs, what do I have to wipe before i flash the ROM? I think I wanna make the switch also, just to try it out.

Taken from the Guide/Sticky:

ccapasso said:
21.How do I wipe my phone?
a. To wipe your phone first you must boot into recovery (either from cmd line or refer to FAQ 18). Once in recovery chose Wipe. Typically you only need to choose "Wipe data/factory reset." However, sometimes you must choose "Wipe Dalvik-cache" and sometimes even "Wipe SD:ext partition" it all depends. If you wipe data and are still having problems, you can always wipe Dalvik as well. You typically only need to wipe EXT either if the ROM Dev tells you to, or if you previously had apps2sd enabled on a different ROM.

22.When do I have to wipe my phone?
a. You have to wipe your phone anytime you change from a 1.5 to a 1.6, 2.0, or 2.1 ROM. This also applies if you are going back down from any of those to another. Typically the Dev that makes the ROM will put up instructions on how to install it, which usually consist of wiping. They will also typically tell you if you have to wipe anything other that data. Please be sure to read the instructions on every ROM, as each is different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones