• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switched to Android Messages, can't see my old replies

But an SMS app is just a front-end - the message database is the same whatever ap you use. I'm not saying that might not fix it, but there's no reason why it should make a difference (because you'd be reloading the database with the same content).

Just to be sure, "Android Messages" or "Android Messenger" is the Google "Messages" app, or something different? There are so many SMS apps, or other message apps that can also do SMS, that it's best to be certain. You could try clearing the app's cache, or even uninstalling and reinstalling it: SMS are stored separately from the particular app, so this won't lose any messages (but making sure you have backups is never a bad idea).

I've never met this problem though, and I've changed message app many times, so it's a bit of a puzzle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones