• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switched to the Galaxy S3 and can't make calls/texts

BigHugeTaco

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
Hey everyone,

Just switched to the S3 from an iPhone 4S, absolutely awesome phone!
Love being back on Android.

Big problem though, when I first started up the phone I connected to Vodafone straight away but couldn't call or text. Then it just dropped to Emergency Calls Only. No connection to Vodafone.
I went out after that and the phone picked up Voda again and showed that it was connected with HSDPA . Still wasn't able to make calls, send texts or connect to the internet. Rang Voda and the guy didn't exactly fully understand me. He's ordered a replacement sim card for me but I'm fairly sure this isn't a sim problem since it does pick up Vodafone every now and then.

Tried setting the phone to GSM networks only, tried finding searching manually but just says Searching for a while.

Just really want to get this sorted as apart from this I'm loving the phone. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones