1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Switching a memory card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nazdex, Jun 7, 2011.

1. nazdex

nazdex Lurker
    None

May 4, 2010
    Hey guys,

I have VillainRom installed and im trying to switch from a 4gb memory card to a 16gb, when i just replace the 4gb card, a lot of my apps dont appear to be installed, including the Market. Im not sure how to download a new market app so i was going to use this guide I found today

How To Switch to a Different MicroSD Card on Android (When Using Apps2SD) | TheUnlockr

Obviously I have rooted the phone before during the installation of VillainRom, but when this guy says in step 7 "While you are copying the backed up stuff to the new SD card, also put on the ROM that you were using and rename it to update.zip like normal." does that mean I have to use the exact same ROM as used before?

In other words, can I use this process to upgrade my ROM? Im not even sure which version I have installed because the Software Information section of the Settings of the phone says:

Firmware version
    VillainROM9.0.0

Build number
    VillainROM12.0.0

Can anyone help me out here?

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    I'm not sure why the ROM file has to be renamed, as both the Amon_RA and ClockworkMod recoveries allow flashing of any *.zip file. To answer your question, you could update at the same time provided the dev doesn't recommend a full wipe. Usually minor version updates are okay but as I'm not familiar with VillainROM releases you would be wise to check.

Btw that's VR12 you're currently using - the "9" is a legacy from the previous version-naming scheme iirc.

Tags: