1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Switching Apps/Contacts From HTC Incredible To New Phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by PsychDoc, May 24, 2011.

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

I'm considering switching from my much loved Incredible to the Samsung Galaxy S II when it becomes available in America on Verizon. My question is how much of hastle is it to switch over all the apps I have dowloaded to the Incredible as well as my contacts. I think I know the answer about the contacts. They are all synched up to Google g-mail so if I get a new phone when I sign into my g-mail account all my contacts should be there. But I have no idea how (or if it's even possible) to switch my apps from one phone to another.

Is this going to be possible and, if so, how is it done?

TIA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert

Well the Android market will save the apps that you paid for and link it to your google account. So when you sign into the new phone with your gmail account, you can go to the market, hit menu, then "my apps", then you should see all the apps that you bought, and can re download them.

You can also backup your applications to your sd card, then when you get the new phone, you put your sd card from your old phone into your new phone and restore the applications from there.

--

Oh and yes you're correct about contacts, they're linked to your gmail account, so when you sign into the new phone, it will sync up and you'll have your contacts.

3. macprv

macprv Android Enthusiast

At some point (sorry I don't remember the android version) Google added data back up... if you go to you privacy tap in your menu, you'll see it there... if you have that option enable... Google will sync all your contacts, calendar,some passwords and some apps data too... so all you have to do is throw in your sim and sd card, log in with your Google account and activate the phone, and your contacts will sync automaticly, paid apps will install by themself and maybe some free apps to I'm not sure, your calendar will sync to