• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

switching apps from 1 phone to another.

If i were to switch phones (to say rhe nexsus one when it becomes available for vzw) How would i get my paid apps onto my new phone?

Thx
-spg

my experience changing from one eris to another....MY APPS DID STAY IN THE MARKET PLACE!!
the first time i did it, they did.
the second time...NOTHING!
i have over 50 apps i was so upset!
i end up having to an app called appmanager, it copies the .apk files and puts them in a folder on your SD card.
i havent purchased an app yet so i dont know if its different for paid apps...
but thinking about it...isnt that a good way to pirate apps!
im just saying :)

Upvote 0
but i do hope u guys understand that is a LOOPHOLE!
that should be plugged.
cause it could cause developers to not want to develop if there wares are just being freely distributed so easily.
even though, i WOULDNT buy software.
im not even setting up a google checkout account.
so if you guys aim to say BUY BUY BUY, dont waste your breathe.

Upvote 0
So still no real answer to the original question, is there a tried and true way to transfer legitimately purchased apps from an old android phone to a new one? AppManager seems to be a possibility, but not tried out with purchased apps.

thanks
-spg

Your answer was in the second post ... from everything I have heard, this is correct

my experience changing from one eris to another....MY APPS DID STAY IN THE MARKET PLACE!!

Upvote 0
i just downloaded "app manager for cupcake" today. i used it to backup my apps. i have not set up a google acount yet (but plan to) so all my apps are free. so i dont have any paid apps ... there were i think 5 apps that that it said were "protected" ... i dont know if it was the developer that did that (i would guess so since that is the only thing different from the protected apps and the ones that worked) but either way that probably goes for all paid apps... i just think it is weird that free apps are protected.

Upvote 0
My EVO is due in today. I have an unlocked G1 on ATT. I want to switch my G1 Google account and my apps from the G1 to my EVO and then use a different Google account on the G1 and download or buy another copy of some paid programs for the G1.

I assume I can somehow deregister the G1 Google account from it and use that one to setup my EVO. How do I do this. I am not immediately seeing an option to switch Google accounts? Do I just do a hard reset?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones